Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » USA Forum » I think I'm being poisoned....

I think I'm being poisoned....

Tags : None
    I'm kicking my alcohol consumpsion for the time being. I needed a substitute to help me take the place temporarily - I tried tomato juice - yuk it need a shot of vodka. I tried plain water I started to feel like a fish tank. My bride suggested I try apple juice - too sweet. I made the mistake of trying  "cran-apple" juice. 
    Wow, talk about a sugar high!
    So I read the lable.
    The serving size is 8 oz. and the whole bottle contained 64 oz.
    Under the nutritional stuff is listed 31 grams of sugar per 8 oz.
    Doing my math 31 grams = 1 oz.  
    8 x 8 = 64 therefore there are 8 oz. sugar in the bottle - that's half a pound.  No wonder my head felt the way it did. Luckily I didn't break out with hives.  I'm sure all dentists recommend "cran-apple."
    So beware and read labels. The labels might me start drinking booze again.
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      May 3, 2015 1:42 AM BST
  • Thanks for the warning.  There is far too much sugar, fat and salt in most food and drink sold in supermarkets.

Perhaps there's a gap in the market for someone to start a chain of shops that sells fresh produce that's not stuffed with chemicals to give it a longer shelf life!

By the way, also look out for frozen chicken and other meats.  They are often injected with water to increase the weight and make you think you're getting more for your money.  It's possible that a fifth of the weight of a pack of frozen chicken is just injected water!  What a rip-off!

Hugs, Katie   :)

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      May 3, 2015 2:57 PM BST
    We noticed the water being injected into the chickens - and other birds as well.  We had cornish rock hens last week and when we thawed them they resembled little canaries. Luckily we found a butcher shop that doesn't carry frozen - praise the goddess!
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      May 3, 2015 7:18 PM BST