Natural changes???

• 68 posts
    May 23, 2015 3:52 PM BST

I hadn't really noticed this until my artner told my breasts were getting bigger and I actually thought what change had occurred was a distribution of fat (I'd put on weight). But after doing some research it would seem that my breasts/chest has gone through a bit of a "budding phase" that is traditional to most female breast development. They've settled at about a small B cup after about 2 years....

Which is fine....

Except I wasn't on hormones and my blood work during these times didn't show any abnormalities.

I am pretty sure I am not intersexed with some hidden Ovaries (God knows I've been through enough MRI's and CT Scans that something that unusual would have shown up).

I'm 37 with no libido issues so I don't think its a sudden drop in testosterone either.

Has anyone else gone through this sort of natural change? I'm not complaining but I have enough medical issues to deal with on a regular basis that I don't really need anything else.....

• 56 posts
    June 24, 2015 1:24 AM BST

Hi Shirley

I have just been thinking about exactly what you are saying. I had a medication pump inplanted and a side effect of the meds was to drop my testosterone down to below even a cisfemale. I have just made a post on myblog but essentially what I said  was this...

"About 3 years ago I had a pain management pump implanted in the layers of skin of my stomach area. This send a small but pure amount of medication directly into the cerebo spinal fluid which delivers the dose directly to my brain. Works great

Before I had the implant I was told one of the side effects would be loss of libido which was not big deal because its dammed hare to feel aroused when you are in pain, well for me anyway for those of you who like it all power to you. Anyway with KM having her share of issues as well making love was a very rare occurrence.

As part of the side effects from the drugs there is an expected lowering of testosterone. So about a year later I started to notice some minor changes. I thought it was probably due to the lowering testosterone. As the next 12 months progressed I noticed more side effects. Two in particular stick out for me the first being an increase in the size of my breast tissue along with other more subtle changes to the shape of the nipples. The second major effect I noticed was a really pleasant calming feeling. This is what made me resist going to my Dr about it for over a year. Unfortunately in my ignorance I ignored the other side effects one of which is depression. I knew I couldn't continue to lust let it go. So i saw the Dr and we tested. The blood test results came back that I had less testosterone than the average cisfemale. I had two readings the first was about 2.3 and the second was 1.9. Since then I have been on regular testosterone hormone injections. I had another blood test yesterday I bet part of the reason I feel so calm and in control over the last week is my testosterone level will be down. I have to say I do prefer the lack of testosterone than the full on. As I have said I feel much calmer and maybe because my levels are low I have been able to do something unique and that is explore my feelings without the testosterone blunting and negating them. So if I take this one step further does that mean without the testosterone I am a more well rounded and balanced person. I like the calm and the feeling of being centered. Will post back once I have the correct readings from the blood test."

Getting your testosterone level checked could be worthwhile. It wouldn't mean that you couldnt not perform as a male but you may have noticed a bit of a loss in sesation or motivation, drop in energymaybe are just some of the things I noticed. If you are not bothered then I can imagine a few girls around here saying hald your luck you ahave a natural b cup

Sarah T