Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » USA Forum » New Play on Iranian Transsexualism in NYC

New Play on Iranian Transsexualism in NYC

Tags : None
  • Hi --

I wanted to invite the NYC Transsexual community to my new play called Death of the Persian Prince which is having its world premiere at The Midtown International Theater Festival.

Our lead actress is a talented, beautiful transsexual, and the show deals with the abuse and lack of LGBT rights in Iran. It is a dramatic, emotional piece that we feel needs to be heard to help continue to promote tolerance and love. You can read about the show at www.deathofthepersianprince.com

The play premieres July 23rd @ 8:00pm, the 25th @5:30pm, and the 26th @1:00pm at the Davenport Black Box Theater, 354 W. 45th Street between 8th and 9th. Tickets are $20, but I invite anyone on this board to use the code FRIENDSFAMILY and get a 20% discount if reservations are made in advance of July 23rd. You can make reservations directly at https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/947701.

Sending love and light to everyone!

This post was edited by Dewey Moss at June 29, 2015 2:13 PM BST
      June 29, 2015 3:24 AM BST
  • I would love to go, but I am not in NYC

June 29, 2015 2:14 PM BST
  • John -- Such a nice response!  If the play should get picked up by other theaters in other locations, I'll keep you poasted. ;)

June 29, 2015 2:41 PM BST
    Let us know how the pplay is received by the theatre going public.
    good kuck
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      June 29, 2015 5:51 PM BST
  • Thanks, Mary Grace for the well wishes!! I'll let you know how it goes! :)

June 29, 2015 6:49 PM BST