Grey Beard removal

• 2 posts
    December 15, 2015 10:32 PM GMT

Is there any way to remove a grey beard other than electrolysis?  Do products such as the NoNo or BellaLite™ by Silk'n Hair Removal System work or are they limited to fine body hair?

• 9 posts
    January 4, 2016 7:12 AM GMT
    Hi Brenda

Apologies for late response dud to the festive season. Electrolysis is a time hungry was of removing a grey beard but lasts longer than other general hair removal. Laser will not be effective on grey hair as it has no pigment therefore the light has no target to convert to heat and destroy the hair follicle.
    • 2 posts
    January 7, 2016 8:34 AM GMT

Thank for your response Caroline.  It's what I expected but I suppose I had hoped there might be some new alternative using heat or some such thing now-a-days.  I understand NoNO is a big NO.    So costly, painful electroysis it is.  I'm into it for about $800 now and still have a long way to go.

• 9 posts
    January 7, 2016 7:03 PM GMT
    I am afraid so, I admire your courage and persistence. If it were anywhere else laser could be used but so far there is no laser head small enough to reach into this sensitive area.
    Regards
    CRoline
    • 2017 posts
    January 20, 2016 8:22 PM GMT

Electrolysis is the way to go with this, I'm afraid. It takes a long time but the results are worth it.