The migrant crisis! Any thoughts?.

• 0 posts
    February 12, 2016 11:11 PM GMT

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the migrant crisis?. Living in the UK which is a tiny over crowded island compared to other land mass countries I am trying to figure out how our government is going to house them.

I have a disabled friend who lives in a tiny bedsit and has been on the local housing list for 9 years , they tell her we have no property's available. I know she has a roof over her head but it is not really ideal for a disabled person. What I would like to know is where are these migrants that our government is going to let in going to live?.

This is not racism it is realism. We have family's stuggling to live a basic life in this country , working family's having to use food banks and having to make a choice between food or heat. Our government is cutting services such as the Police and Fire Services , we have junior doctors saying they will leave their profession because a new work contract is going to be forced upon them. Our NHS is already over stretched yet the government is prepared to let it happen. More people coming here means more strain on our services.

As Russia supports Syria and has a huge land mass compared to us it would be nice for Putin to let them all settle there (that will not happen).

I wonder when or if this mess ends who is actually going to be left in Syria? Just a load of nutters with a lot of weapons me thinks.

Take care x

• February 14, 2016 5:16 PM GMT

To me the migrant 'crisis' is a huge crock of ******* horseshit because 96% of the so called 'migrants' are of military ages from 18-50 year old men, so where are the women & children?? I feel that they should be sent back home & the fact that they want to fight with the local population & carry out sickening attacks on the local women they are not migrants they are taking the piss out of the liberal do gooders rife in most europeon countries. The single migrant men should be sent home & give a damn about their country as trying to pillage their way across europe with their hands out for 'designer' items from phones to clothes

• 0 posts
    February 15, 2016 6:02 PM GMT

Don't hold back Matt say what you feel

Conflicting news reports say the women and children are killed or raped or both but it seems the men can run faster than the women and children. The fleeing men if they had any guts would stay and fight for their country. I am personally sick of the billions of GBP that our government are using they say help these people , it obviously is not working. Maybe they drop iPhone's on them as aid? And of course as you say designer items/clothes to keep them warm. They also need baseball bats so they can play threatening baseball with the truck drivers doing their jobs trying to get back to the UK.

Take care , I could go on but I need food (which I paid for).

• February 15, 2016 9:10 PM GMT

Thought provoking to say the least,    The only solution I see, is in future keep our noses out of other countries affairs,,    Shameful as it might be, let them get on with it.   The only solution I see now is containment camps,   Bomb the hell out of whats left in their countries and then send them back to rebuild their lives, in their own countries, in general they do not seem greatful when they get to Europe, disrespect our values, dont want to abide by our rules.    How many are dissidents and terrorists in disguise?.

• 0 posts
    March 3, 2016 7:24 AM GMT

Well Crissie according to the BBC there are about 5,000 on the streets of London alone with known terrorist links. At this moment I am not to pleased with France. Today they reckon if we leave the EU they are just going to let them all come over here unchecked. Best we flood the tunnel then if that is how they feel and sanction them. The only thing I can find in my home made in France is a lip colour and I don't use it. I have only been to France once and that was enough for me. We can live without them and their cars , they need us more than we need them.

Your idea about sending them back is the best way but we have to be humane , not that they understand what the word means. They understand DWP and free cash and are most likely given a map to the nearest one

People seeking asylum are supposed to claim asylum in the first safe country they enter. We are at the end of that chain from the direction they come from , unless they continue to the Outer Hebrides. I am sure there is a nice desserted island around there somewhere.

• 2017 posts
    March 8, 2016 8:24 PM GMT

Firstly, I would like to point out that I am not racist, and have many friends from all walks of life but I am being realistic. 

I am completely for not allowing any of them into Europe. They are generally disrespectful of our laws, ungrateful for what they are giving and simply want a free, easy life. I have no doubt that there are genuine refugees in the flood of migrants who do want to take their children far from their war ravaged home, but they seem in the minority. No single men should be allowed in. If they don't like the state of their country then do something about it and fight for a better one, not let the extremists win! That said, I think half of them coming to our shores are extremists and Europe is soon going to be embroiled in a very dirty war on terror, but this time within it's own borders. I can't believe we are allowing them in. 

Look at how they behave at Europes borders. With violence. But still we let them in. Once here, women are regularly assaulted and fearful of any non western looking male due to their attitude and behaviour towards us and still we let them in. The fences need to go up once more, the doors closed and borders sealed. Turn them away and send them home. Europe has enough problems trying to look after it's own people. There aren't enough jobs, housing and many are on low pay. Let's take care of our people. 

This will explode and Europe will not be the same afterwards; and if you're British, leaving the EU (if successful) will not make any difference to the flood of migrants coming your way. 

• 2017 posts
    March 10, 2016 7:45 PM GMT

Having re-read my post, I sound like a total racist, which I am not!! My sister in law is Turkish and a muslim and she is terrific!!  It's very sad for myself to see how the current crisis surrounding the extremists and the mass influx of migrants have affected my views. 

I'm still not racist, but I still hold firm that Europe needs to take care of it's own people first. 

• March 10, 2016 9:00 PM GMT

I know the feeling Nikki, I have some Turkish friends and Indian friends some who are Muslim and some are Hindu, they all seem to interact very well, they are hard working and put a lot back into our country, respectful of our traditions, I worry that the current influx are not and never will be integrated.   See we are now sending Turkey 500M to help them cope with the influx there, sorry but I think they should just close their borders.    It would seem the majority of imigrants, apparently escaping the wars are young men.   Sorry but they should stand up and be counted in their own countries.   Think if we had of lost the war against Germany there would be no problems, nobody would be running away to come to europe.

• 0 posts
    March 10, 2016 9:15 PM GMT

It is not racist it is being realist. I too have many friends from various ethnic backgrounds , they do not force their religeous beliefs on me and they all put something into society. Our NHS would not work without medical staff from other countries plus the ones that work in the background in hospitals.I would not be alive today without them and many others too.

According to the BBC the town I live in has found out of thin air houses for Syrian refugees and are asking the public the help furnish the places. Strange that when I have a disabled friend who has been on the housing list for 9 years.

All men who are forcing , and they are forcing their way into Europe should be sent straight back. It would be cheaper to put them on ships and take them back home to fight for their country not run away from it.

• 0 posts
    March 10, 2016 9:50 PM GMT

And just to add to this. There are racists in this country and it is easy to see who is and who is not. What is making the ordinary people in this country frustrated or even angry is that there are good decent hard working people native to the UK stuggling to pay the bills , some having to use food banks or turn the heating off. For people to come here and have everything just handed to them is wrong. A new home , and support including translators costs a fortune. It is very easy to see why people get totally pissed off with it all.

• 2017 posts
    March 11, 2016 11:04 AM GMT

It is also concerning that as a direct result of this, a lot of right wing parties are beginning to gain favour and more people are starting to listen to what they have to say. We all know how that ended in the 1940's. I would not be surprised at all to see a hardline government take power in some European countries. The present governments need to listen to their people and put their people's interests at heart. 

Election time will be very interesting this time around as the imigrant crisis and how it is proposed to be dealt with is likely to be a vote winner. Personally, whoever promise to seal the borders will get my vote.