Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Technical Support » Someone 'liked" my post but I can see it without a membersh

Someone 'liked" my post but I can see it without a membersh

Tags : None
  • Hi, got an email saying someone liked my post.  "Please click the following link to view it:" but when I click, I get "

Private Page

Sorry, you don't have permission to view this page or your need to upgrade your membership here:

The url contains /album/ so I assume it's a photo. No, I don't have a paid membership but am  wondering if this working as designed? Could it be that I can't see my own uploads without paying?

February 28, 2016 9:10 PM GMT
  • Only paying members can create and view albums, but non-paying members can post profile photos, and they can change them as often as they like. Your profile photos are stored in an automatically created album which, as a non-member, you can't actually view; you will only be able to see your current profile photo. So unless you remove your current profile photo before you upload a new one there will be an album of all your former profile photos which only paying members can view.

So it sounds like that's what happened; you get a notification when someone likes a post you have made, and if that post is actually one of your former profile photos then you, as a non-paying member, won't be able to follow the link to view it.

Membership of this site is extremely inexpensive though...

:)

xx

February 28, 2016 9:34 PM GMT
  • Thank you so much for taking the time to explain, Lucy.  I understand how it works now. 

Appears I need to go back to read the Terms of Use.  I just can't be comfortable with comments attached to my photos that I'm not allowed to see. Yikes.

February 28, 2016 11:51 PM GMT
  • Hopefully to put your mind at rest, there is only one comment in your profile photos album: "Very glamorous Seleena" (and I agree)!

I can understand it may be frustrating not to be able to read comments on photos which you have used for your profile pic in the past.

If you really don't want to pay for membership (it's worth it, great value and for a good cause) then in future you do have the option to remove your existing profile pic before you upload a new one, so people can't make comments on a photo that you don't have access to.

xx

February 29, 2016 12:38 AM GMT
  • Hi Lucy,

You're very persistent .. but please know I pay my way through life.  Usually because something is of value and sometimes just to be supportive.  But paying for the right to understand how my own images or words are being received just doesn't work. 

But thank you so much for the reply. 

All the best to you!

February 29, 2016 5:27 AM GMT