Ouch!

• 2017 posts
    May 8, 2016 5:10 PM BST

I was thrown from a horse on Friday and landed pretty hard on my lower back. It hurt and although I was able to get back on the horse, I was in significant pain, mostly down one buttock and leg. Today, as I still couldn't put weight on it very easily I went to A & E who suspected a fracture! Fortunately it wasn't that bad and it was just a severe contusion and distortion of the spine, (it sounds worse than it is) so I did not need to stay in. Phew! 

Exerise this week will be limited to swimming and cycling I think, as they are both low impact. I am due to meet some friends for a ride on Friday so hopefully things should be feeling better by then. 

On the plus side, I have to go to Bavaria on a work issue for three day. Lovely. It's one of my favourite parts of the world! 

• May 10, 2016 10:43 PM BST
    I'm so glad it's not too bad. And not fractured. You hear some horror stories concerning horse accidents. Yes stick to those low impact activities. I have a bad foot due to being in the service and I get 10% disability from the army (veterans administration). Which means my medical is free for life, just like it is for all citizens where you are...as it SHOULD be for everyone here in the states! But that's another topic for another day. I jump on a mini trampoline for the majority of my cardio exercising. It's practically NO impact. I love it and can't live without it. I've gotten 3 of them so far over the years, they get worn out and broken and I end up replacing them (I get the cheap ones, so what do I expect, right?)

Get better quick and get in tip top shape for those insanely difficult triathlons you do! Have fun in Bavaria and safe travels Nikki!
    • 2017 posts
    May 11, 2016 10:08 AM BST

Thank you Lisa. I am feeling a lot less sore today and am just a little stiff, but the swimming is helping loads. 

Triathlons aren't insane, only the people who do them are! 

• May 11, 2016 7:11 PM BST
    Haha!!!! Hilarious! Have a good one.