What up, peeps?

Tags : None
  • Hey everyone...

Fresh meat here, just joined. Looking for some good solid digital/phone/local (yeah right, like anyone cool is nearby...) friendships and share stories, experiences, wants, desires, a few laughs and maybe even some tears. I'm interested in being part of a nice online community and hope to meet some of you lovely intelligent folks!

I'm Katie, and I'm here...deal with it!

June 6, 2016 10:24 PM BST
  • Hello Katie and welcome to this wonderful site.

Hope you will post more in the forums.

xx

June 7, 2016 8:51 AM BST
  • You live in Breaking Bad land! My favorite show of all time!

I love your attitude and style of writing and see all your reply posts already, some good stuff. In one of them, I like how you said you are/feel liberated (in the bedroom), that's the best way to live, not being ashamed to be utterly and completely free in all aspects of being a woman. Heck there are so many cisgender women who have sexual hang ups because of strict religious upbringing. They feel extremely guilty, can't let loose--even after getting married, they still have guilt and issues. I'm glad I didn't have a religious upbringing. One less thing to worry about, as it was, in my twenties, I was already worried about what I looked like or sounded like and never truly enjoyed sex. My only template was the R rated movies, so I would always be thinking of how to look and sound good, plus the first guy I had sex with (at age 20 1/2) and eventually married and divorced a year and a half later said I made weird/funny faces while doing it, so of course I developed a complex. Now for the past 12 years since I've been with my husband (10 years married), I don't care, I moan groan scream scrunch my face, and get sudden bouts of Tourette's syndrome! Even someone with a complex can get over it with time! Hahaha!!!

Back to the forums and being more serious! We need to breathe new life into the forum section of this site, I totally agree with Lucy. There are hundreds of lurkers all the time coming to the forums, too scared to join or too scared to come out. If they see confident transgender people such as yourself sharing your story or giving advice or your two cents, they might feel more comfortable and find the courage to become themselves. Please please please stick around!
      June 7, 2016 6:03 PM BST
  • Thanks for the warm welcome, gals! And, yes, I live in Breaking Bad land. All the place names and locations are real and accurate. A few weeks ago I had pizza from the very same place Walt got his pizza that ended up on his roof. Los Pollos Hermanos isn't real though. It was filmed in a burrito place called Twisters.

LOL And I know what you mean about groans, screams and scrunching faces. The guy I was referring to in my post lied about his age (hence, why I ended things pretty qucikly--he was way too young for me) and turned out to be only 22 and a virgin! He kept apologizing for things like grabbing me, digging his nails into me, even poking me with his--ahem, you know--when cuddling. I'm like, "don't apologize!" I think even those of us who are sexually liberated can feel awkward at the begining of our sex lives. But it's like I say, the things about yourself that you find awkward, unattractive, weird, or whatever, in relation to your sexuality and sexual behaviors and desires, can be the things that really turn someone else on! I don't want "polite" sex LOL. It should be sweaty and passionate and primal...and if it's not it wouldn't seem right. If I'm with a guy who just lays there frigid, one, I won't be turned on, and two, I'll feel like I'm doing something wrong and that he doesn't like me. Lose yourself!!

And, yes, I have noticed there isn't much going on in the forums. I was kind of disappointed to see most of the threads hadn't been commented on in months or even years. 

I don't know if either of you have the full membership, but, if you do, is it worth it? Is there more goings on in those forums?

Again, thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to remaining part of the community!

June 7, 2016 7:25 PM BST
  • There are indeed thousands of threads in these forums, many of them years old. In recent years activity seems to have slowed a bit, but it just takes a few people to get a good discussion going, and you may feel free to mention on the front page that you have added to a particular forum (include a link too!)

We used to have a list of all recent posts which seemed to encourage people to take part, but sadly not at the moment. We do have a list of new topics though, which can be found on the main forum page (from the drop-down menu under "Community Features") and scrolling downto the bottom. This will help you keep track of any new threads that you may have missed. 

It's really nice to see people taking an interest in the forums again, please keep at it!

xx

June 7, 2016 7:40 PM BST
  • You stated it so well Lucy!

I can answer the full membership question. I just became a full member about a week or two ago, after being a basic member since March of this year. I like that I can see my photo albums (delete my photos, see people's comments to me) and I can look at other member's photo albums, leave comments and likes...and I like the fact that I can post and view all the videos. I really wanted to post a music video, that's one of the main reasons I signed up as a full member! I haven't spent much time browsing and looking at videos yet, but the one I saw was fun and interesting, someone's birthday party/girl's night out from Katie Glover!

And actually, in the end, I feel good for supporting the site so it can stay up and running...so my second reason for joining was to support GS.

One last thing, I'm sure there are other perks and benefits for joining, I just haven't delved into them.
      June 7, 2016 9:02 PM BST