Not easy is it?.

Tags : None
  • Being Transgender is not the easiest thing in the world to deal with is it? The hardest part can be trying to figure out who you are or what gender you are. That as we know starts at a young age in most cases , you will be questioning who you see in the mirror to what your brain is telling you. Although I say all humans are equal I cannot speak for cross dressers or transvestites and so on. I am Transexual and there will come a point in your life when you realise this is not going to go away , I know that because it hounds you. From a very young age when you are able to think for yourself you question yourself daily.

If you are doing the same and have not sought professional advice then you should for your own peace of mind. If you are young you need to look for some support but be very carefull who you look to for it , there are some strange people out there on websites and the internet in general. This website is a great place to ask questions so if you have any please ask. Most trans webites are sex driven and they are not safe places to open up. You may have someone saying I can help but their motives are not to help you at-all.

So if you are at a stage in your life where you are constantly questioning your gender you are most likely transexual , if it comes and goes then things maybe different. I entitled this "Not easy is it"? Because myself and many others here know that it is not a walk in the park.

I have always told myself and others the most natural thing in the world is being yourself. What gender you know you are is who you are so how do you convince everyone else that? It is back to the it is not easy. If you have family and you want to be you and live as you then unless you run they are going to have to know. Same goes for friends and work or even school/college depending on age.

Things are changing now and they have changed a lot since I came out to the big wide world over a decade ago so the future is looking better. You coming out will not be the end of your world it will be a new start , a start where you can be you. Some people will try to knock you down but you just have to get back up again. You may lose some family and friends but you will gain your freedom and your own happiness. I am not going to bang on about what I have been through but I made it and I am happy. Yes I did lose my family and some friends but what I gained back for their ignorance and non acceptance was acceptance from others. I did not make the mistake of getting married or having any children and if you are still free then think very hard before you commit yourself to anyone unless they know the real you first.

There are people right here who understand and have been on the rollercoaster who can try their best to answer any questions you may have. If you wanted advice on your plumbing you would not ask and electrician would you? No you ask someone who knows so coming here about your gender identity you have found the right place I can assure you of that. Who better to ask than others who have been there and made it? They are here for you.

Take care , Julia xx

July 1, 2016 3:58 PM BST