Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » The Cooking Forum » Chicken and Jarlsburg Cheese

Chicken and Jarlsburg Cheese

Tags : None
  • This is our Supper tonight , its been marinating 24 hours now . One of my favorite recipes ! You'll notice I say that allot :-) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast , sliced in half through entire fillet . I soak this in Canola oil , fresh minced garlic , cracked red pepper , Malibar Black Pepper course ground , Kosher Salt , Rosemary Leaves , Basil Leaves , and just a touch of fresh Thyme . Let soak at least 24 hours ! Turning over a bunch too . Then we fast BBQ this on my Grill till my desired tenderness is achieved . Then the last 2 minutes I lay sliced Jarlsburg Swiss on top and let melt . This will melt in your mouth if cooked correctly . I will post After pics tonight :-)
    Pictures now are in Topic of Before :-) This post was edited by Former Member at July 6, 2016 5:05 PM BST
      July 6, 2016 5:00 PM BST
  • I am going to try that tomorow.sounds delicous

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      July 6, 2016 6:59 PM BST
  • Light on the Thyme , very small pinch , just enough to brighten up the smooth bitter of the Jarsburg , Thyme is wonderful with Swiss , but very moderate , its very powerful spice on chicken .
    Cheers , I hope you post your results ! :-)
      July 6, 2016 7:05 PM BST
  • Greetings from a fellow foodie!

Jarlsberg is actually Norwegian. Sorry I'm a pedantic foodie...

The recipe sounds fabulous.

xx

July 6, 2016 7:19 PM BST
  • Lucy Diamond said:

Greetings from a fellow foodie!

Jarlsberg is actually Norwegian. Sorry I'm a pedantic foodie...

The recipe sounds fabulous.

xx

Hi Lucy Diamond ! :-) Was that a Geographic History Lesson , or providing the oprtunity to let people know Jarlsburg should always be Suffixed with Swiss :-) You mean your an anal retentive foodie ? Is there any other kind baby ! :-) LoL ... I love this place ! :-) Smiles all around ! :-) Wooooooo hoooooooo !
      July 6, 2016 8:33 PM BST
  • Here it is in all its glory ,and yes I grow Viola's for Edible Garnish :-)
    Spanish Olives and Dill Pickle slices on the side , nice hot day food , and yes it was melt in your mouth tender and juicy :-)
      July 7, 2016 1:55 AM BST