MsC needs for interview participants for a dissertation!

• 1 posts
    July 27, 2016 12:14 PM BST

Hi everyone!

My name is Julia, and I am a Master's student at the University of Aberdeen (Scotland), I am in the Sex, Gender and Violence programme. In order to complete this programme, I am to complete a piece of independent research for my dissertation. I decided to research transgender people, particularly in the areas of their relationship to traditional masculinity and femininity, and passing/presenting. This is a very exciting research opportunity for me, as I hope to be able to further transgender rights by educating the general public and normalizing their experiences. I will conduct qualitative interviews with them (via Skype or telephone ), and am in dire need of participants! This is where you come in. Would you be interested in having a conversation with me where you share your stories and opinions?

You qualify to participate in this research if:

⁃ The sex you were assigned at birth does not match your gender identity

⁃ You are 18 years of age or older

⁃ The culture that you identify as your home culture originates in Australia, Europe, North America, or the United Kingdom.

Please drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will provide you with a document containing more detailed information about this research. I am looking forward to hearing from you! 

This post was edited by Julia Cascon at July 27, 2016 12:14 PM BST