Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » Considering hormone therapy

Considering hormone therapy

Tags : None
  • Hi I'm new here, Im considering using hormone treatment for my transition. I've been using herbs for the past 18 months and had some good results, some tissue growth, growth of milk ducks and lactation in both breasts. I'm now at the stage where I want fat redistibution and shape so I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding which hormones are best and what kind of transition regime would be the most safe & effective.
    Many thanks
    Zoe This post was edited by Former Member at August 15, 2016 12:00 AM BST
      August 14, 2016 10:01 PM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0

Estradiol is the best hormone. There aren't really different types that do different things; estradiol alone will give feminisation in all areas.

The safest way is to see a doctor.

August 15, 2016 12:09 AM BST
  • Thank you much appreciated x
      August 15, 2016 3:03 PM BST
  • Would I still need to use anti- androgens if I was taking Estradiol? X
      August 15, 2016 3:09 PM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0

Probably not, as estradiol will quickly and usually quite drastically lower testosterone levels.

I'd also highly recommend anyone not to take anti-androgens without medical supervision. Even on estradiol, the odd blood test to monitor liver function etc wouldn't hurt.

Your profile says you're married, I'm sure it's none of my business but are you both going to be happy when you start losing sexual function? Female hormones tend to do that...

xx

August 15, 2016 6:04 PM BST
  • Thanks much appreciated advice, yes am married to a very understanding partner. I've managed fine on the herbs so far without any loss of sexual function. So I will monitor that carefully. What would be a good starting dose for Estradiol?
    I Will defenitly get some bloods done regularly as well.
      August 15, 2016 6:10 PM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0

It's best to start on a minimal dose, 1 or 2mg per day.

Stop taking the herbs because they can interfere with oestrogen receptors and not let the real stuff through.

Changes may be irreversible. I wouldn't really recommend anyone take hormones if they didn't plan to fully transition.

August 15, 2016 6:26 PM BST
  • Thanks so much for all your advice, I've been struggling to find a place like this to ask advice for some time. Nice to know there still genuine people in the world that want to help others.
    Truth be told I can't fully transition for a good few years yet. But I feel so much better and happier with some curves these days. I've always wanted a female body since a very young age. But that's not the way life pans out. Am much happier since deciding to try and develop breasts. They may be wee diddies but they are mine and I love them.
    Will take on board all you good advice and thanks for being a true star! Xx
      August 15, 2016 8:03 PM BST