What would you do?

• 3 posts
    December 2, 2016 3:56 AM GMT

I came out to my wife about 3 years ago. She has been nothing but supportive. She has helped me in a lot of areas where I couldn't have done it all myself. But I need advice in coming out to her family. I'm estranged from my family, so no pressure there. But her parents can be very judgemental, and I don't know how they would handle this. They may not care, or they may be offended. I really don't know what to expect. So, I'm kinda scared. I understand that women are a lot of times easier to come out to than men. But I keep asking myself things like would they make my wife choose between them and me, just drop all contact with me alone, recall everything theyve helped me with, or just reject me in another way. I'm really lost in what to do, whether to tell them at all or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

One thing I should say is that either way they will know soon enough, as I plan to get breast implants fairly soon.

RachaelAnn

• 2 posts
    December 3, 2016 5:10 AM GMT

So you see them frequently? Are you coming out 24/7? How does your Wife think they will respond? Do you have any children? Just trying to understand the whole situation. 

My Doctor wants me on hormones for awhile before I get the implants. This way there will be more skin for the Surgeon to stretch over the implant. Also the chances of one growing bigger than the other are reduced this way.

One idea is to casually mention something "Trans" while talking with them. See how they react.

Perhaps your Wife could talk with her mother first and tell her about you. 

Risky, Yes, but nothing ventured nothing gained.  I wish i had better advice. Good Luck! I felt so much better after everyone knew about me! It is a big relief to come outta the closet! ♥