I DID IT!!!!!

Tags : None
  • I finally did it! I came out at work this afternoon during the touch point meeting my team has with our HR manager and team supervisor. It went exceptionally well. They were all so very accepting. It is a total relief to have this fear off my shoulders. That doesn't mean that I can wear a dress to work on Monday but we can start on the transition plan and coming out to the rest of the office. Knowing that there is acceptance, support and an end to the double life has me feeling so happy!!!!!!

February 24, 2017 10:34 PM GMT
  • What a lovely person you are,    Well done    xxxxx   great that people are accepting and suportive,   some probably won't be but you are doing great.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      February 24, 2017 10:45 PM GMT
  • 1 146
    I am so pleased for you Cynthia,.Its a relief.I remember when I did this at work,it seemed to open out a lot of new reactions from people,things just felt more real.Hope it goes well in the future
    <p>Donna_V</p>
      February 27, 2017 4:10 PM GMT
  • Cynthia Leigh said:

I finally did it! I came out at work this afternoon during the touch point meeting my team has with our HR manager and team supervisor. It went exceptionally well. They were all so very accepting. It is a total relief to have this fear off my shoulders. That doesn't mean that I can wear a dress to work on Monday but we can start on the transition plan and coming out to the rest of the office. Knowing that there is acceptance, support and an end to the double life has me feeling so happy!!!!!!

March 1, 2017 5:21 AM GMT
  • i am so happy for you 

March 1, 2017 5:21 AM GMT
    That's great Cynthia. So happy for you
    <p>man i feel like a woman</p>
      March 1, 2017 9:16 PM GMT
  • Things have been just so amazing since my appointment with my GT last week. With her help I found to courage to come out at work. Today we came up with a transition/integration plan for work. I should be fully out and integrating my female identity in two weeks.

Now, she is also going to work with my doctors to get me started on HRT. I called the endo's office to see when she might have an opening and she just happened to have a cancelation this Friday! I will go and get the form for the blood work. Then, once my gender therapist clears me for HRT I can get the blood work done and just have the follow up for the actual prescriptions!

I've also got my name change forms ready to be witnessed by a notary public and be submitted to legally change my name to Cynthia! I will be doing that on Friday as well.

March 2, 2017 2:30 AM GMT
    You go girl. Busy and exciting times ahead. Really am happy for you
    <p>man i feel like a woman</p>
      March 2, 2017 12:32 PM GMT
  • Super news Cynthia - I am so very happy for you!! : ) 
    All the best in each step along the way.
      March 2, 2017 2:39 PM GMT
  • Great courage...hope all goes well.

March 3, 2017 1:14 PM GMT
  • While she can't give me estrogen until she receives the letter from my therapist my endocrinologist increased my testosterone blocker because the does is much lower than what is required for it to be effective. She also gave me the form so that when my therapist gets her the letter I can get the blood work done before the next appointment and she will write that presecription! This has been such an amazing fortnight for me. :)

March 3, 2017 7:59 PM GMT
  • Mark March 8th, 2017 on your calendars. It is Cynthia's birthday. The day I stop living a dual life and live my life as Cynthia only. I'm happy, sad, scared, joyful, about a million different feelings.

Only problem now is I have no idea what I'm going to wear for my first day. :D

This post was edited by Cynthia Leigh at March 10, 2017 7:02 PM GMT
      March 6, 2017 10:50 PM GMT
  • The first day at work as Cynthia was great! The company changed my email address, login and my name plate to all ready Cynthia. One of the girls I work with brought me chocolates to celebrate International Women's Day. Everybody I interacted with was so nice and there no weirdness. Day two was just as remarkable. I talked with more and more people in the office and they were all accepting and supportive. One of my long time friends at work came over and gave me a warm hug and made me feel so special with what she said to me. Today was just as nice. I was told, "You look so beautiful and you're so much more alive!"

There are a few downsides still. I did get mis-gendered a few times and called by my old gender neutral name but that was by people I've known for years. I can't fault them because it is second nature to them at this point. Later on I was gendered correctly by them and called Cynthia. I've been delegated to use a gender neutral bathroom for the time being but my HR manager was talking with the ladies in the office and letting them know that eventually I will be using the women's bathroom. I will hear more about that talk on Monday.

One thing that I find strange, but wonderful, is hearing people say Cynthia. Though it is my chosen name there were not many that knew it before I finally came out at work. Fewer still have ever said it aloud. Hearing people say Cynthia makes me feel so warm inside.

March 11, 2017 1:20 AM GMT
  • It's really lovely to hear of such a positive experience, it warms the cockles, as we say in Lancashire. Canadians seem like really nice people on the whole, and if your experience is typical then it sounds like attitudes are similar to here in the UK.

Misgendering and using former names is inevitable in the early days, but people will soon get used to the changes.

So glad it's going well for you, Cynthia. Please keep us posted.

xx

March 11, 2017 11:56 AM GMT
  • Hey guys/girls,

I am thinking of getting a transplant. I am wondering is there a quick way to find funds for the operation if you are unable or finding it difficult to pay.

xx

Bruce

March 13, 2017 11:53 PM GMT
  • What sort of transplant?

March 14, 2017 3:43 PM GMT
  • This amazing month keeps getting better and better. One week fully out at work and I'm so much happier, productive and the people have been great. Today I got the confirmation from my Gender Therapist that at our next appointment, the 22nd, she will have the letter that my endo needs before she will prescribe female hormones. I already have the appointment booked, April 4th, and I will have the form she wants and blood work done as well. You all helped me find the courage to do these amazing things. You are all amazing and I wish you nothing but the best. (warm hugs for everybody)

March 15, 2017 10:44 PM GMT
  • I've been out for almost 4 weeks now at work. It has been a wonderful ride. The company and the people have all been so supportive through out it all. I get misnamed and misgendered now and again but everybody corrects themselves right away so I'm happy. Washroom is still an issue that we haven't tackled but there are washrooms that I can use until we get it ironed out. In some ways I'm a bit more comfortable using the gender neutral ones that we have at the moment.

April 1, 2017 11:14 PM BST
  • I had an amazing appointment with my endocrinologist today! We increased the antiandrogens and started estrogen. That in and of itself was amazing. As well, I got the letter that the province wants to change the marker on my birth certificate to F officially! So, when my name change comes back in the next few weeks (takes about 6 to 8 weeks) I can then submit the form to change the gender marker on all of my identification as well.

Work has still be great. The misnaming and misgendering are getting fewer and farther in between and everybody corrects themself as soon as they do it! This is really a magical year for me so far. It just keeps getting better and better!

April 4, 2017 9:55 PM BST
  • In a week I will have been out at work for two months. It is been more amazing that I ever hoped for. The number of misgenders/misnamings has all but stopped at work. Instead of a daily occurance it almost never happens now. When it does its with people I don't interact with a lot and they always correct themself's with in seconds.

Yesterday we had the first of many women only events at work. This one we were raising donations, cash and physical, for a local women's shelter. It felt so good to be part of that and chatting with many of the ladies that I don't talk with a lot over lunch. 

The one funny thing that I found out from my HR manager, in confidence, when I mentioned that the people have been so amazing and accepting and supportive that one of the guys told her: "If anybody hurts her I'm going to punch their lights out." She liked the idea but told him he needs to use his words, not his fists. :D

April 29, 2017 8:49 PM BST
  • They probably think your couragous and amazing, sooner or later you will get around to thinking the same, I certainly do. xxXxx

April 29, 2017 8:58 PM BST
  • Congratulations Cynthia.
    I pray that everything works out for you. 
    Godspeed.

Nicole
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. -- Edgar Allan Poe
      July 24, 2017 3:32 AM BST
  • Well done :)

July 31, 2017 1:53 PM BST