Gynecomastia

• April 6, 2017 3:20 PM BST

Gynecomastia or abnormal enlargement of the male breast affects many young boys, most of whom 'grow' out of it. I was a case who didn't grow out of it and who developed 38C cups by the late teens. I was perhaps different in that my mother was delighted with my breasts and who took every opportunity to feminize me. And I admit, I loved it. I'm very sure that this led to my eventual transition to full time woman. So, my question is: Are there any forum members who had a similiar course of events leading to their transition?

• 746 posts
    April 6, 2017 6:47 PM BST

OMG, I wish I were you! (smile)  My mother, upon me bugging her all the time to let me dress as a girl and play with them at age 3 or so, finally capitulated and dressed me in my sister's clothing, applied nail polish, and let go out to the apartment's playground.  This went on for at least a year until my father came home from work early one day and found me dressed outside!!!  He then proceeded to "beat the girl out of the boy" and scolded me frequently.  So I did what any logical little girl would do and that was to dress behind closed doors in our apartment.  My mother knew what was going on but turned her cheek to it all just making sure I changed back before my father would return.  This went on my entire youth.  But although I put on my mother's lingerie, I had nothing in the way of breasts.  I'd dream what seems almost every night of waking up with a female body only to be disappointed when I did awake and found nothing had changed.  

So to answer your question, I did not have gynecomastia, but at least I had a mother similar to yours who allowed and even enabled me to be me.  When I transitioned 7+ years ago, she had entered a stage of dementia and always thought I was one of my sisters.  Nothing I could say could persuade her otherwise!  (smile)

HRT has provided me with a very feminine body and I finally do not have to settle for just my dreams to live my life!

That siad, it must have been awkward for you to live as a boy with fairly large breasts!!!!  But I'd have given anything to be in your shoes...(smile)

Welcome to the site!

Traci xoxo

• April 6, 2017 8:07 PM BST

Indeed it was difficult to deal with large breasts in boyhood. I could have had a mastectomy of course, but early on I discovered they were highly erogenous. That plus my mother's encouragement caused me to treasure them, albeit undercover for most of my life.

• 2358 posts
    April 6, 2017 8:29 PM BST

Hi Rhonda,    I started to develop breasts at 14, I was born with a condition called Reifensteins Syndrome a form of AIS,  Where either the androgen receptor is defective or the encoding gene is mutated.    Lots ecplained in this link.

http://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/7790/synopsis-of-the-etiology-of-gender

I did a thesis on the condition when I was diagnosed, rather juvenile, but rehashed it a few years ago for an article on here and it was published in a magazine.

http://gendersociety.com/articles/176/the-science-behind-reifenstein-s-syndrome

• April 7, 2017 2:53 PM BST

wow, terrific article Cristine. I had never heard of this condition. But I'd be interested in hearing about the difficulties you faced growing up and interacting with other kids. how has this affected your sexuality?

• 2358 posts
    April 8, 2017 8:23 PM BST

I had a very difficult childhood which I won't go into, as far as sexual preferences, when I was young I prefered girls, because I hated men, as I got older I needed recognition as a girl, needed to be treated like one and slept with quite a few men until the realisation that most of them did'nt see me as a girl, the majority of them were either married closet homosexuals or just basic tranny shaggers, then at 18 ish fell in love with an old school friend, a boy who turned out to be different as well.    School was very hard,    I still live within a few miles of the school I attended, and now and again see other boys that made my life hell.

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at April 9, 2017 6:19 PM BST
  • April 9, 2017 7:43 PM BST

I had a confused childhood too. I was male and I liked girls- not as a sexual object, but rather as a role model. Then too, mother groomed me as a girl. She sent me to a teen dance once dressed in a flirty skirt and a really low cut top. One of the boys invited me out to his car for a drink of whiskey. His hands were all over me and he soon had my top down. He had an enormous ejaculation and I loved the effect I had on men. Since then I'm attracted to men.

• 746 posts
    April 10, 2017 4:10 PM BST

I spent a day at the beach while our family was on vacation there for a week.  I swiped one of my sister's two piece bathing suits and wandered to a separate beach from where they usually hung out.  I was all of 15 then and was still physically immature, so I truly resembled a flat chested young teen girl, voice and all.  I had many boys come by my blanket and flirt and one even asked me out for a date that night.  From that moment on I was "on my way" so to say, although I had been dressing since I was 3 or so with my mother's help! (smile)  But mind you, this was 1965 and I felt so alone and really had no way to move forward.  It wasn't something you discussed with others because authorities and medical people would just lock you up back then!

Better late than never...

Traci xoxo