Email addresses

• 38 posts
    November 20, 2005 11:47 PM GMT
    I have noticed a few girls posting email addresses in there posts, I can only advise against this as these are public forums and anyone can read them. There are unfortunately some admirers who are less than savory in character and so I can only advise against not posting email addresses in plain text on the forums. There is a Private Messaging Feature on the site and this should be more than enough to get in contact with people. Sorry to nag but it can be just as dangerous for we young trannies as it can be for young women on the internet, there are a lot of weirdoes out there unfortunately. I will be censoring any email addresses posted in future.
    • 157 posts
    October 25, 2009 8:33 PM GMT
    Wow Sue! You beat me, I only have 6 addresses. For the same reasons you mention.

Jeri
    • 530 posts
    October 25, 2009 8:22 PM GMT
    I also have a number of email addresses, (ok, about 20 in all) some private and some I will make public. I also have a 'spam' address and a 'one-off' random address generator for registering on sites where it is necessary.
    I presume those who put an address on a public profile do something similar and are not so stupid to use their private ones. If I add my address to any public site it is because I want it to be used.
    [email protected]
    • 734 posts
    October 20, 2009 1:23 AM BST
    Good advice Katherine. I do include an email address in my footer as PM's weren't working for me - until recently. However, it is a secondary address only. For all the reasons you mention - and probably a few more - I'd never publicise my primary address. I would hope that most people use multiple email addresses - it really cuts down spam when you sign up to things you're interested in with a secondary address leaving my main personal and business addys free of clutter!

Rae x
    • 2017 posts
    October 25, 2009 9:17 PM GMT
    How do you manage them all, you must be online constantly......................

Nikki
    • 530 posts
    October 25, 2009 9:27 PM GMT
    I admit it, I am online at work and at home... However, managing them is not that difficult, I only need to open three and the others are integrated and I can read them within just a couple of programs. Only three accounts get heavy traffic, and one of those is my work one, so a few others don't make a lot of difference! LOL
    • 2573 posts
    October 27, 2009 3:45 PM GMT
    Um....11 email addresses.....but that is for two personalities, lol. One is for junk. One for a gaming group. One professional. one personal, one for Trannyweb Transgender news. One for a previous gaming group and friends. One for Wendy junk mail. One for Wendy TW personal mail and TW forum admin work. One Yahoo threw at me. One reserve account...for whatever.(I had two but one is now the TTN account) One for Neighborhood Watch stuff. I find it makes it easier to keep my lives gender-differentiated and to get work/play done faster. Some only get checked twice a month.

I can't emphasize enough that it only takes one email with Cc: instead of Bcc: lists of names to turn someones personal email address into a spamalot. Someone's HD gets hacked and all the email app addresses get sold off and that's all she wrote. Be kind, Bcc:
    In my case, my family did it to me.

You can stop bots from taking your email address off a website by using a different symbol for @ and then explaining "put @ where the X or # is in the address". This will not work if a person "farms" the address instead of a bot, so TW discourages posting them in forums, particularly the basic member forums that can be accessed by anyone who signs up for a basic membership. You have to learn to think like a gg in protecting your contact information. It could be used to phish your location or identity.