"acquiring" clothes

Tags : None
  • Hello! Have a question here, answers or personal experiences welcomed! When I started dressing it was the usual wearing moms clothes, then it started to gross me out when I tought about wearing her panties and bras. It hasn't been until the past few yrs that I've started buying my own clothes, althouhg I seldom do because of nervousness and expensive tastes. Anyways, after I stopped wearing mom's, and before I started buying, I resorted to stealing. Our family would often have dinner with friends at their house, and they have a daughter about 2 yrs older than me. So often I would go downstairs to the bathrom and passing the washing machine on the way, would take a peak and if I found something I fansied, would take it to the bathroom with me and put it on under my clothes, panties, t-shirts, bras, etc. I'm really starting to feel guilty about this although it's become like an addiction so I'm still doing it, and am amazed that after all these years i haven't been caught and our friends haven't become suspicious (I assume they haven't since they still leave clothes in the laundry room when we come for dinner). For a long time i just avoided going to their house although they're friends, so i couldn't do that forever. So anyways, comments, suggestions / answers, personal experience, all welcome (I especially love hearing other girls personal experience, nice to relate similar experiences).

Take care everyone!
      December 18, 2005 8:02 AM GMT
  • Amber, I don't remember anything from your other thread introducing yourself, so pardon me if I ask stupid questions.

I assume you're still living at home. Please, stop stealing their clothes! When I lived at my house, and my sister-in-law came to visit, I admit that I would try on some of her outfits (I wrote about this in threads and blogs before). But please try to get your own stuff. I saw my sis-in-law had some Maidenform items (they were left out, I didn't go prying), which got me into those, as well as Vicky's Secret. My wife stopped wearing anything alluring a long time ago, so there was really nothing to see there for the most part.

With the internet now you can shop more privately, in terms of personal identity. Can you open a PO Box and then order items to be sent there? Have you tried buying the items yourself in a store? More than one person here on TW remarked how much they like the holidays because men can shop in women's stores without being "suspected."

However, when you take someone's items you might be taking one of their favorites, and then they have to replace it. Please, try to get your own.
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      December 18, 2005 2:43 PM GMT
  • I was exceedingly nervous of buying my own stuff, and still am. And I think it's just a mental thing too. Like Meredith said, buying off the interweb sounds a good idea, if you buy from the right place. But if you can't, then do you have any friends who know you can buy for you? Maybe you can go shopping with them and pretend you're buying for them.
    If not, then do as I do. Keep telling yourself you're buying them as a present for someone, they might even be imaginary. I realised it worked when I was helping my dad buy my mom some clothes, usually I'm very nervous being in women's clothes shops, but I was very at ease because I wasn't buying them for me.
    Try not to worry what people think. If people start looking at you funny, then they've got some sort of problem It happened to me when I bought some tights, a big beefy man gave me a quirked eyebrow, as if I were buying explosives or something. They're just clothes!
      January 11, 2006 6:49 PM GMT
  • I've only stolen a couple of times - both when in my teens and didn't have the money to buy my own clothes.
    The first time was at a friends house. I had previously seen their (rather attractive) Mum one afternoon about the house in her long ivory satin negligee set. This had really turned me on and I wondered for ages afterwards what it must be like to wear something so soft and silky as that. Then by chance I was left in their house alone one afternoon to watch something special on their large colour tv.
    When they had gone out and there was a break in the programme I went, very nervously, up to her bedroom and started to go through the draws there. It wasn't long before I found her lingerie & nightwear draw. Wow - I was stunned. So much lovely stuff, I hardly dared to touch it, but at the same time could not resist doing so. I don't know how long I spent there, probably too long and rushed back to my programme.
    By the time it had finished I had more or less decided I had to try on one of her nighties that I had seen, before I left the house - not then thinking of keeping it. So I went back up to heir room and picked out a long silky one, not sure if it was the one I had seen her wearing, but at least similar.
    I had repacked the draw and had just gone into the toilet to try it on when I heard my friends returning, so quickly stuffed the nightie out of site under my outer clothes and returned to the tv room, without any chance to try it on or even return it to its draw.
    Shortly after I made my excuses and went off home, with the nightie still under my clothes and feeling both guilty and excited. That evening on my way to bed I tried on a silky nightie for the first time. It was everything I had anticipated and more. Needless to say I have been hooked from that day forward.
    Has anyhting like this happened to other TW girls?
    Sally.
      April 8, 2006 6:36 PM BST
    first...long ago I took a pair of boots....
    nowadays with internet shopping options,and discrete packaging (Ebay etc.) .... theft seems a real selfish thing to do !?
    ....and on occasion you see a "Panty Thief arrested" or such stuff on Jay Leno , ..... arrested for stealing feminine gear...is NOT the eazyest way to come out?? (or in?-jail)
    just a thought or two eh? xx"K"
    ..he just can't help "Herself" ..
      April 9, 2006 3:12 AM BST
    RAY: Explosive tights! I'm afraid we will have to censor, remove, shred and burn your post. Can't let the terrorists get the idea of explosive tights. Imagine CD terrorists exploding all over the Middle East. The mind boggles. MI-5 will be around to speak with you shortly.

KHRIS: I bet the boots had high heels.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      April 9, 2006 8:46 AM BST
  • haha i have a sister and i steal pretty much all her clothes i have 3 boxs filled with her stuff but she knows i dress constatly soo i had to tell, but i would guess i have over 500 dollars in clothes jst from my sis and make the whole deal it grade and i'm 16 hbu
      April 11, 2006 11:38 PM BST
  • I steal from my sister too, but since she lives in the room next to me, it's pretty easy to give it all back before she notices.
    I didn't use to be that clever, though, and I would keep piles of clothing hidden under my bed for months at a time and she would most definitely notice its absence. The biggest problem then is that she would search all the logical places exhaustively so there was no place I could make it mysteriously "turn up" again.
    There was this black velvet skirt (a miniskirt on me but not on her... I'm kinda tall) that I liked so much that I kept it for a very long time. That one was a hard one to return--couldn't have it turn up in a back corner of the closet, because her closet was spotless. Couldn't have it turn up in the laundry because she hadn't seen it in almost a year. I ended up having to stash it among a pile of old towels in the basement. Never mind how it got there, that's for whoever finds it to figure out. I wonder if anyone ever did find it...
    I'm the woman on the silver mountain
      July 23, 2006 10:35 AM BST
  • Hello: I too have to admit I did steal some items off of ladies clithes lines. One day I saw a lady had hung some of her lingerie
    out on her clothes line and I only intended to "Touch" some of the stockings she had hanging there. As I walked under them, She saw me through the window and Caught me! After her telling me she was going to call my mother and about a 2 hour crying and explaining session, she miraculously decided not to. I told her my whole story and we became friends. She had lost her 12 year old daughter in an auto accident 5 years before and I ended up becoming her filll in daughter. She even bought me clothes and took me to the salon to have my hair styled while dressed as her daughter. I know what a lot of people might think. She was a wonderful person there was NEVER anything sexual between us. She just let me be the little girl I so desired to be and she got a little girl to fill the empty void of losing her daughter (and Husband) in the accident. I loved her like a mother and when she passed 4 years later I cried for months and was very despondent for a year. She taught me not to steal others things and let me have most of the things her daughter had. I still miss her, some 38 years later. I wrote
    about it in a story and a few have seen it. Jackie...

remember to tell the special people in your life, just how much you care....
      December 3, 2006 12:40 PM GMT
    Jackie,

That is so sweet. What a lovely lady she was.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      December 3, 2006 1:50 PM GMT
  • Wendy Thank You. Yes, she was so special, I wish so many others had the wonderful experience I had with her. Being
    an ophan I tried to get her to adopt me, but she would have had to fight my aunt and uncle in court for that and she she knew it would have been rather nasty. So, I spent a LOT of weekends
    "Mowing her lawn" and helping her with "Chores" around her house. Actually I never did any work other than one time. Back
    then I DID really look like a girl so dressing and acting like her daughter was very easy. Jackie
    remember to tell the special people in your life, just how much you care....
      December 5, 2006 9:33 AM GMT
  • The first panties that I ever held in my hands I got from
    a schoolmates(girl) laundry line. It was yellow and
    the brand was Movie Star. I also took some women's
    clothes when I was first married at a university
    and was caught by the campus police. That ended
    our relationship as she didn't know that I was
    intersted in women's things.
    Many years after that I finally started buying my
    own clothes and I don't steal anymore although
    I've had a chance or two in girl's changing rooms.

Randi
    Girls Rule!!
      December 6, 2006 1:56 AM GMT
  • Thrift stores. Don't be nervous; it is the most exhilarating experience of your life, and thrift stores see so many other shady characters, it's really fine. I have bought everything there (and found some good men's clothes, too), and love it. The prices are right, the privacy is right, and the rush from purchasing clothing is amazing!

To the story about the woman and her 'daughter', thank you so much for sharing that! It was moving and wonderful; I know that I would have given anything for an experience like yours. You are truly fortunate, and that woman was the kindest.

Stan
      October 21, 2009 3:58 AM BST
    What an awful thing for TGs. You start with guilt over what you are and, in fear, steal clothes and make yourself a thief...increasing the guilt. All this because society refuses to recognize that you are not the way you are by choice. When older, and working, you can purchase clothing; today more easily than ever, using the Internet. As a younger person, not yet independent and living with others, this can be hard. How do people cope with this approach-avoidance problem of obtaining clothing? Not just, physically, but emotionally. How do you feel about it?
      June 17, 2010 7:58 AM BST
  • One of the benifits of having four older sisters is that I never had to "borrow" anything.
    It was all just there, a whole housefull.
    Wonderfull!
      June 17, 2010 10:54 AM BST
  • When I was married, I often bought clothes for my EX. She had very poor taste in clothing, but when she wore clothing that I had bought for her, all of her friends would compliment her on how good she looked in them...So I guess I just came by it honestly.
    Later, when I started to buy clothes for myself, I had no problems going into stores to do that. At first, I would say they were for my wife. Now, I just go in and try on what I like...and I get no problems from the staff.
    ps: the hormones have a lot to do with it.
    LOL
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"and my needs entwined like ribbons of light...and I came through the doorway...some where... in the night"
    <p>Doanna Highland</p>
      June 17, 2010 5:17 PM BST
  • All of you knicker nickers.
    You are all under arrest! you have the right to remain silent , you have the right to an atourny thing if you can not afford one well its your problem you should,nt nick other girls clothes especialy there underwear .

Judge Julia .

PS sorry but none of you can come to my birthday party! i,m not having you bring me a box of chocs and leaving with all my gear
    xxx.
      June 17, 2010 9:46 PM BST