Where are the Aussie girls??

• 64 posts
    August 30, 2006 3:16 AM BST
    This is a call for all Aussie girls who are interested in possibly getting together for a TW girls gathering.

We need to get this forum working it's little stocking's off and show the TW girls from other countries how we girls do it here in Australia.

Any takers???

Hugs
    Simone
    • 24 posts
    September 5, 2006 12:41 PM BST
    hello simone
    totally agree, i've a long way to travel, but if we can get something happening i'll be happy to make the effort.
    heading to adelaide next week & spending a week down there, if anybody wants to meet up email me at tjryan@ tpg.com.au before next tues night, can probably detour on way home, not due back at work till end of month
    kisses
    terri
    • 64 posts
    September 11, 2006 3:58 AM BST
    Hi Terri, well there are 2 of us so far, and i'm in sydney and u sound like your somewhere near SA.
    do we have any other takes?

Simone
  • September 19, 2006 4:35 PM BST
    Sorry Simone

I am way to far away as well to get down there

Rockhampton where i live, is about seven hundred kilometers or so north of brisbane and what ever from Sydney

I love the idea though hope someone takes you up on it
    • 24 posts
    September 28, 2006 1:04 PM BST
    Hello Simone
    I'm from northern NSW & can get to Sydney occassionaly, be good if we can get something happening for us girls to get together for a night out
  • November 2, 2006 3:44 PM GMT
    Debblie lee I will have to take you up on that one day
    We will have to arrange a trip one day and do something fun

I use to visit family, a bit out of Carmila closer to St Lawance and in land a bit , when i was a child
    I love the rocky beach you have there
    get in touch some how and we will see how we go from there!
    • 24 posts
    February 11, 2007 10:04 AM GMT
    I know I've only got myself to blame, but found myself in Sydney on Sat night with no idea where to find any like minded girls, found a pub at the Cross which wasn't to expensive, then spent the late afternoon & evening walking between there & Taylor Square trying to get up nerve to dress up, but there was no-one else that I saw like me ( older not very passable CD) & the couple of people I asked where tranny folk go looked at me like I was stranger than they were( & they did look different)
    I really would like Aussi girls to get involved, I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience this
    Love
    Terri
    • 1 posts
    November 30, 2007 4:47 AM GMT
    Hi
    Nice idea having an Aussie TW girls gathering, but having recently moved to Australia from NZ I find Australia quite big. So big in fact that I believe that for some it would be quite difficult to pop over to some places for lunch or after dinner, especially if it means travelling to the other side of the country.
    I am in Brisbane, Queensland and as part of my integration into the local culture and desire to connect with other tgirls in the area, I would happily be a contact person for local Brisbane TW girls gatherings. Is there anybody interested?
    Annie
  • December 1, 2007 5:28 AM GMT
    Hi Annie T

I do agree it is hard to get together, when we are all so far apart, as we are here in oz

I may take you up on that offer for lunch next time I am in Brisbane,
    that is of course if I do not get lost when I am down there, again.

oh and welcome to Queensland sunny one day, pissing down the next.
    • 5 posts
    June 25, 2008 3:25 AM BST
    Hey Zara-lee, Love that icon! Anyone from Sydney? Let's get together!
    Cheers, Shania
  • May 4, 2009 2:32 PM BST
    We are a reserve lot here in Sydney & mainly stick to ourselves if you can break through the Petersham Barrier then you might be in with a chance, we on the Mountain side of Petersham have learn t that it's safer to stick to our own even though it may mean a earlier death as there is too much religious ( due to political correctness religious will do) hatred out here to risk your health!
    As for myself I live under constant threat for my life I have been told by neighbors that I'd be shot no point in reporting it as all you get asked is "DO YOU HAVE PROOF!" SO WHATS THE POINT OF TRYING ANY WAY & so we stay to ourselves here in Sydney if you were wondering which most of you are?

ps. We locals know that it's (Parranatta) the most unsafe place to go as a TGirl if you are not stelf then you are just asking for trouble or it that case anywhere in Southwest Sydney are HIGH risk!
    • 37 posts
    July 15, 2009 2:25 PM BST
    I'd love a girly get together with my TW sisters, only I'm lonely over here in Perth...

If anyone would like to visit, I have a spare bed - or spare side of a bed, if you prefer
    • 430 posts
    August 27, 2009 3:48 PM BST
    High risk?

I'm sorry to burst your bubble deary but how people treat you is far more likely to be an influence on how they treat you than what your wearing. I live in the west myself.

Sure like with everything you need to pick the appropriate times and places, but that goes for everyone. Use a little of the gray matter and you'll be fine.

I used to work at Panthers, a rugby league club, before and AFTER transition! I was out to everyone. I would answer questions from everyone so everyone knew all about my past and present. I can be quite the smart mouth myself and I never once got myself in any trouble or even had a threat of phsyical violence.

We used to have Drag Karoke and there would be heaps of drag queens & tgirls in the club. The boof head rugby fans in Penrith even learnt the difference between queens & tgirls. In Penrith they still have a "gay" night at the Embassy Hotel wich is tgirl friendly. I have been to the Taxi club a few times myself and its a bit tragic, but fun. Personally I consider myself to be a lesbian, so I go generally to dyke nights, but never had any problems there either.

As for Parramatta, there is no where fun there anyway. Why waste your time unless your goal is get really drunk and have a fight.

Everyone knows about the violence thats happening on Oxford street currently. Still you can have a good night out on the famous strip if you use your noggin. Yeah you might see some stupid breaders being drunk & disorderly, but its OUR strip and queers still out number them

I think you just need to get out there and have a go. Strike up the courage and have fun. Jjust make sure you take your common sence with you. You wouldnt walk down a dark alley at 3am normally, so why do it in heels?
  • February 20, 2010 8:36 PM GMT
    Hi everyone, i'm from newcastle.
    • 2127 posts
    February 1, 2007 1:24 PM GMT
    When I was in Sydney a little while back, I had a wonderful girly evening out at the Taxi Club, a long established and famous tranny haunt in Darlinghurst.

It would be great to get some girls together for a Sydney night out, not necessarily to the Taxi Club. I'm sure there are plenty of other places to go.

In the UK we have always found that having a sit-down meal at a tranny-friendly restaurant gives the evening a bit more class and allows everyone to get to know each other.

Then we usually head for one of the tranny bars nearby and dance the night away.

Those of us who do not have headaches, often go our shopping the next day.

Our American nights out have been much the same.

If we could find a local volunteer to organise a restaurant, club and tranny-friendly hotel, I'd be happy to help by advertising the event. We could even do a mailshot to all of our members who live within driving distance.

C'mon Ozzies, who would like to help organise this?

Hugs,

Katie x
  • February 2, 2015 5:45 AM GMT

Hi, I'm new here. I'm in Melbourne, still somewhat in the closet though, but I'm planning on coming out slowly over the next few months. I have my first appointment at the Gender Clinic in May which I am really looking forward to. Once I'm living the life that I was always meant to, I'll be up for going out!

• 68 posts
    May 7, 2015 1:30 AM BST

Hi Girls

Hope all is well Down Under.

I ued to be fairly active with the STG2--2 email group and a little bit with the Seahorse Society but disappeared for a while. I'm in France these days (moved last year).

From what I recall the |Seahorse |society has fairly regular outings planned in Sydney and other states.

• 4 posts
    June 6, 2015 4:52 AM BST

Hi, I'm from Brisbane. Cry

• 1 posts
    July 19, 2015 8:43 AM BST

Me too, Brizzy.