Well I told her everything...

• 8 posts
    July 29, 2008 7:57 PM BST
    Congratulations ! Jackie that is just wonderful. I to know how hard / scary it is to open up and share with your loved one. She will have questions that she may or may not ask, continue go carefully. You may want dive in head first but try to read her interpersonal signals and back off when she needs you to and see how things progress. I am having a very special few days right now my self. My wife has known for awhile how I feel and how far back I remember feeling as I do. Sunday evening started my first extended time as I (Kelli) , 24/2 and maybe 4 days. I again applaud you in sharing with your loved one may all go well in the future. - Kisses, Kelli
    • 140 posts
    February 11, 2007 1:55 PM GMT
    Well, I told her, EVERYTHING! The whole story, then she read my short autobiography. She came out of the bedroom in tears. I could only think it was all over! But, instead she came to me and said "I don't know HOW you managed to even survive all of this, much less still be a functioning person!" She was ok with it.
    She isn't at the point where she's totally fine and I can dress totally whenever I want, but now she knows the hows and whys of it all. I feel like I have been carrying a rhino on my back for 45 years and it FINALLY fell off! My GOD what a relief! At least I know she isn't going to walk out the door! I guess the rest is up to time and fate a little. WHEW!!!!!!! AND I owe a lot of the credit to get the courage to tell her from YOU WONDERFUL SISTERS! Thank You all for helping, I owe you all so much! Love, Jackie
    • 614 posts
    February 11, 2007 2:28 PM GMT
    congratultions babe im happy for ya hope all goes well for the future keep us all informed
    • 140 posts
    February 11, 2007 7:56 PM GMT
    Thank You ladies: It was certainly not without the support I have gotten from so many of the people here I consider friends, that I was able to find the courage to do that. Many times I got support, without them even realizing it. I kind of felt that even if the worst had happened, I might still have my girlfriends here at TW
    to help me through it. As I had said in my blog, to just say thank you never seems to be enough, I could get a thesaurus and come up with a lot of other ways of saying it, I can even say it in 4 or 5 languages,
    but it will never seem enough. Thank You all you wonderful people here. My Love to you all sincerely!
    Jackie
    • 1195 posts
    February 12, 2007 2:35 AM GMT
    Jackie
    Horray for both of you.....now the real fun starts. I'm certain (like my wife)she'll want to improve you....it's in the genes. Go with it I'm positive you'll share and share.
    lol
    Mary Grace
    • 374 posts
    February 12, 2007 9:54 AM GMT

Way to go Jackie, I'm so happy for you! It's a huge relief not having to carry that weight around any more, isn't it? I hope everything just keeps getting better for you hon. Your wife must be a very special person.

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 16 posts
    July 29, 2008 4:33 PM BST
    I finially told my wife of 25 yrs and at first she was not happy about it. Then some months later she decided it was not so bad and now is not only accepting but supportive. We have even gone out doing errons and shopping with me fully dressed. So congrads on your wife accepting you. Hope in the future that she becomes more supportive and you two can go out together as girl friends.
  • October 27, 2008 4:51 PM GMT
    im glad you have an understanding girl friend. Not very many of are so lucky.
    • 140 posts
    October 27, 2008 5:31 PM GMT
    Thank You Samantha. I am only PARTLY lucky in that I cannot be me all the time at home even, but I still consider ,myself very lucky
    Thanks Again, Jackie
  • October 27, 2008 7:43 PM GMT
    that must be such a relief for you. I admire your courage and of course your wifes understanding . lol , Suzi
    • 1980 posts
    February 11, 2007 2:57 PM GMT
    <big big hug> Oh, Jackie, that is so wonderful and so awesome. I'm really, really happy for you, you must be married to an incredible woman. Having a spouse who loves you and is willing to accept you for who you are and to make the effort to understand is a godsend. She may never understand, to be honest, I don't know how many of us even understand ourselves, but if she is willing to be tolerant and to learn more then you are one of the lucky ones. Best of luck and happiness to you both on this journey.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    July 29, 2008 6:49 AM BST
    Jackie, I'm so happy for you. I'm not sure we ever forget the words our S.O. says to us when we take that irretrievable step of telling them about our inner self.

I'm coming increasingly to the belief that the most important thing to do to prepare for that moment is to be prepared to support her to the exclusion of all else. This is a singularly female response and meets the needs of a woman more than anything else at that time. It's good to have clear answers but they can often wait. Men want answers, women want their emotional needs met. This can be harder for heterosexual CD's to accept than TS women, but it can be understood and become a learned behavior. It took me a LONG time to act on it but the response was instantly obvious and far more preferable than the painful years of my trying to explain instead of accepting her feelings. I try to start all such responses now with "I'm sorry" and then wait.for her to verbalize what she feels.
    • 2463 posts
    October 27, 2008 7:39 PM GMT
    It sure is nice to have some good news. Congrats!

Mere and Josie