Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Transgender Fiction » Chain Story Comments.

Chain Story Comments.

Tags : None

• Hi Girls (and Boys),

This thread is for anyone who has comments or suggestions to make about the "Chain Story" that's running in the "parallel" thread.

Post your ideas, etc. here, rather than in the story thread, so that the story "reads" without break.

Hope you enjoy, and take part in it !!!

Hugs,
    Angela. xxx
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      April 30, 2008 4:05 PM BST

• Hi Danique,

Thanks for your encouragement re: starting the Story thread.

I totally understand why you say you'll "sit this one out".
    No worries !!!

Hopefully though, some of the girls and boys will feel "creative", and give it a go !!

As for having a go at a story myself ......................... Who's to say I haven't already, in the past ?
    ( we ALL have "little secrets" that we hide away under our "other" personna !

Anyway ................ thanks for your support ...............

Lets see some of you letting the "creative juices" flow !! .....................

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      May 1, 2008 9:16 AM BST

• OK,

Porscha's got things started ................... (thanks Hun !! ), ....................... so, if you fancy it, have a go.

It's all a bit of fun, so give it a try ..................... you never know, we might even find a budding writer amongst you !!!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 1, 2008 1:38 PM BST

• Hi Girls,

Well, it's been a week now, that the Chain Story thread has been up and running, and, apart from Porscha, no-one else seems to be feeling creative !!

So, please, if any of you have a chance, have a go !!
    We're not looking at getting a Booker Prize winner out of it, just a chance for you all to show a bit of "Literary Genius" !! lol.

Come on, give it a go ............................. nothing ventured, nothing gained !!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 7, 2008 6:27 AM BST
    Hi Angela,

I'm still discovering all the threads and forums and posts and goodness knows what else that may lurk deep in the TW underbelly...

... and somehow missed this forum altogether!

I hope your idea gathers momentum as its a great idea and fantastic fun! [and harder than it looks, lol]

Maybe people are concerned that they have to write in a certain way but the myriad of styles and idea's are the essence of a 'chain story'.

The hardest parts for me were to restrict myself to two short paragraphs [I hate that discipline!] and to try and minimise my natural quirkiness and humour - well, we have started off a litle sombre...!

Much love to you hunni - and thanks again.

Rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      May 8, 2008 12:40 AM BST

• Hi all ..............................

First of all, thanks Rae and Porscha for keeping the story going.

Rae, I understand you're comment about restricting yourself to a couple of paragraphs, but I put that "rule" in to try and prevent someone "hi-jacking" the story, and writing what could be thought of as chapters, taking the story away from the premise of being a combined effort!
    But, as things are going a little slowly at present, within reason, I'm prepared to "relax" this, so, if you feel that a "little" longer posting is better, Do it !!!
    But, if things develop, and we get more people taking part, or someone "abuses" this relaxation, I'll think about re-instating the 2 paragraphs "rule".

Also, until we have more people taking part, hopefully, the 4 postings rule can be relaxed as well.

So, come-on everybody ........................... get those creative juices flowing, and give it a go !!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 8, 2008 9:19 AM BST
    lol, the rules are fine, Angela - I just have a terrible habit of not using a sentence when a paragraph will do!

Rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      May 8, 2008 2:42 PM BST

• Hi Girls,

As you know the "Chain Story" is suffering from a little bit of a slow birth, but, I just wanted to thank Sue (Hevy) for joining our ranks of contributors.

Good on ya, Sue!! The more the merrier!

It's only a bit of fun, so, anyone who fancies a go, please do !!
    We're not after a Booker or Orange prize-winner !
    So don't think you can't.
    You never know 'til you try!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 24, 2008 11:40 AM BST
  • Hi Angela, Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement. I thought it was a very well written story and the people who contributed so far seem to really be able to write well. I just sorta hack away at it but do love to write stories. Hope I helped the cause.

sue
      May 24, 2008 2:36 PM BST

• Sue,

Don't "put yourself down" !!

ALL contributions to the story are very welcome!
    As I've said before, this isn't about getting some piece of high-class "literature", it's about us having some fun, and allowing our (creative) juices flowing !! lol.

Also, I see that you've only just joined our "sisterhood", so I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to TW.
    You'll find us a friendly bunch of girls, willing to help/support each other through our "trials and tribulations", but, mainly, you'll find TW a great place to make new friends !!

Drop in, when you get the chance, to the "New Members" Forum, and tell us all a little about yourself, so all the girls can introduce themselves to you.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 24, 2008 6:12 PM BST

• Vikki,
    Great to see you "joining in". Thanks!

After a slow start, things are looking up!
    I was beginning to despair, but yourself and Sue joining in, might just persuade a few more of the girls to "give it a go"!

BTW> We'll forgive your slight "geographic" error !
    The nearest Railway Station to O'Connell St. in Dublin is Connolly Station, about 0.5 of a mile away. Still, without my intending it, you've now located the story in Ireland.
    Such are the way things can go in a Chain Story!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 24, 2008 9:06 PM BST

• soz about the geography!
      May 25, 2008 11:27 AM BST

• Hi All .....................

I just wanted to let anyone who's following the "Chain Story" that a few new additions have been made to it in the past few weeks.

Have a read, and add a paragraph or two yourselves!

The more "participants" the better!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      June 28, 2008 7:20 PM BST
  • How to get out of impossible situations:

'With one mighty bound our hero/heroine was free.............'

ciao
    Lynn H.
    "It ain't what you do,it's the way that you do it............and that's what gets results!"
      June 29, 2008 8:16 PM BST
  • It occurs to me that I've left the story with broadly 4 alternative continuations,each one of which could take the story in a completely different direction.Would it be possible to allow the future development to follow each alternative?It's probably difficult from an organisational point of view- might require 4 threads........

Over to the TW writers collective...

ciao
    Lynn H.
    "It ain't what you do,it's the way that you do it............and that's what gets results!"
      June 30, 2008 8:12 PM BST

• Hi Lynn,

Welcome to the "TW Writers Collective" !!

Your thoughts on "branching the story" would, I think, be extremely hard to do, without, as you say, running 4 separate threads.
    But, if someone comes up with an easy way it could be done, I've no objections at all. But, it's hard enough at the moment to get contributions to one story-line .............. It could be even harder to try and run 4 story-lines at once!

But, I'm open to ALL suggestions.
    Or, of course, you could start new threads here, to include whatever "literary" things you want!

So, looking forward to ALL your suggestions/ideas/new threads.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      July 3, 2008 3:23 PM BST
    mmm. maybe four into one does go....

;)

Much love

rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      July 3, 2008 11:33 PM BST
  • Just in case anyone thinks that my imagination has run away with me.........there really was an exhibition dealing with the 'Summer of Love' a few years ago in Frankfurt.And yes,the mandala on display quite clearly showed 'she-males'.Interestingly,this object was at just about the right height for children to admire it and,yes,there quite a lot of them there.I couldn't help wondering whether some parents had some awkward explaining to do afterwards! After all,something
    like a mandala,in this case with a diameter of 1metre or so,is not easily overlooked!

ciao & lol
    Lynn H.
      July 7, 2008 6:58 PM BST
  • Just in case all our budding authors are wondering where the story might go,here are some of the contents of my devious mind............
    1: is Tara really the centre of attention on the bus?

2:it might be interesting to flash-back and look into the family history
    a little bit more:
    was the fathers' death really so?
    how old were the kids at the time?
    more about the mother?
    publicans tend not to drink,so what made the father an alcoholic?
    are the two anglers really just up for a few trout and a short holiday in a 5*barn conversion,or is this just a front?IRA?
    Police?Mafia?Secret service?
    a bit more about Paul Grogan?

None of this has to be followed,believe me.I'm just trying to shed a little light in confusion I may have created.

Write on,girls and boys,
    ciao,
    Lynn H.
      July 13, 2008 7:56 PM BST
  • Nice one, Rachel!

Ciao
    Lynn H.
      July 24, 2008 6:32 PM BST

• Hi Girls,

As some of you will know, I've been "off-line" for the past number of days ................... gotta work now and again, I suppose !! .........................

So it's great to log back in, and find that the Story has gained a bit of momentum again, and that we also have acouple of new contributors!!

Great !!!!!!!!!!

Let's keep it up !!

Like "Chinese Whispers", it's taken a completely different "course" than what I had in mind at the start, but that's the fun of it !!!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone puts their own "stamp" on it !!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      July 27, 2008 8:45 AM BST
  • Hi Girls

I hope that my contribution hasn't resulted in the story coming to a full stop. I do tend to look at life a little laterally - I just thought a new twist might be fun.

So come on.....I'm waiting.

Rachel
    a girl at heart and a proper person too
      August 2, 2008 12:10 PM BST

• Rachel,

Wait no more!!

I've been really busy work-wise recently, so haven't had much chance to add a paragraph, or two, but I've now done so.

Glad to see that, after a bit of a lull, the story has taken a "second life".
    Come on girls (and boys, of course), get those creative juices flowing.

Hugs,
    Angela. xxx.
      August 2, 2008 4:09 PM BST
  • well,the plot(?) seems to be curdling nicely...................

ciao
    Lynn H.
      August 7, 2008 6:51 PM BST

• Hi Lynn,

In your recent "addition" to the story, you said that I could correct your spellings of the Irish names, etc .

What's this !!! ???? ................................ You mean that you haven't got an As gealge Spell Checker ???? !!!!

And there was me thinking EVERYONE had an Irish Language Spell Checker !!!

Anyway, Lynn, thanks for "keeping things going".

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      August 30, 2008 6:15 PM BST