Anyone 've read "My Gender WorkBook" ?

• March 2, 2006 4:14 PM GMT
    I been trying to find this book in library , in bookstores and none of them have it. Its so frustrating. I want this book so badly , i heard that there are exercises you can do in the book.
    • 1 posts
    June 24, 2009 2:35 PM BST
    I have a copy of it sitting on my bed side table at the moment. I've been finding it quite a useful read, Kate Bornstein is an entertaining writer. She is also the author of Gender Outlaw which is a good read. As for where to find them, I purchased mine from http://www.Amazon.com which has a huge range of books on Transgenderism/Transsexualism, most libraries and books shops don't carry this kind of literature unless they have an ample Queer section. Hope that helps you.
    • 2627 posts
    March 2, 2006 4:24 PM GMT
    Have you tried google?
    • 2463 posts
    March 2, 2006 4:43 PM GMT
    Exercises? Like what? How fast I can put on my pantyhose? How quickly I can remove my makeup? How to spend $50 wisely at a clothing discount store? Just what exactly is a "gender exercise?"

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • October 22, 2011 4:40 PM BST

Add applying eye makeup quickly without putting out an eye.   Or another one I discovered -

Removing your contacts for the first time while wearing long fingernails.

• October 26, 2011 4:03 PM BST

Oh....Michelle, that is funny...you made me smile....because i encounter that contact lense problem when i get my nails done....

And as far as the book....if you go to your local bookstore...they can special order books for you and then you can have the book shipped to your home...I had to do that with the..."She's Not the Man I Married." book.

I may look into the book and get it for Lindsey....

• 13 posts
    October 31, 2011 2:48 PM GMT

My Gender WorkBook is also available for the Kindle on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk if you're looking for an instant read. Even if you don't have an e-reader, you can install Kindle for PC and read it on your computer.

Strangely, none of Kate's other books seem to be available from the co.uk site, but I just picked up the newest edition of her Gender Outlaws from the .com site this summer.