Film Legend Dies !!

• 315 posts
    September 27, 2008 5:21 PM BST

Hi Girls,

Probably one of the most successful Actors in Hollywood history has died today !

Paul Newman lost his battle with Cancer this morning, at the ageof 83.

Not only was he a 3 time winner of an Oscar, he was an Actor, Director, Producer, Leading Charity Donor,Head of a Food Company, Racing Driver & CEO of a Motor Racing Team.

His films are just TOO many to even start listing !
    You'll all have your favourite .................... mine was The Sting.

Paul Newman. R.I.P.

Angela, xx.
    • 374 posts
    October 2, 2008 11:42 AM BST

The world has lost not only a great actor but also a great humanitarian. "The Hustler", "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof", "Somebody Up There Likes Me" & "Cool Hand Luke" are some of my favorite movies.

You will be missed Paul. Rest in peace.

Monika
  • October 2, 2008 10:42 PM BST
    • 252 posts
    May 21, 2010 3:18 AM BST
    I say NO ONE can eat 50 eggs....
    • 2068 posts
    September 27, 2008 10:07 PM BST
    The Two films that stand our for me are " The Hustler" & " The Colour of Money". Newman at his very best......he'll be missed!

Lol xxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2017 posts
    September 28, 2008 9:26 AM BST
    My personal favourite has to be 'Butch and Sundance' but he also impressed me with his non-acting enterprises as well, not to mention his contributions to charities.

Robert Redford made a moving tribute to him:

"Certain friendships are too good and too strong to talk about.........I have lost a real friend," he added. "My life -- and this country -- is better for his being in it."

The man may be gone but his legacy lives on.

Nikki
    • 1652 posts
    October 2, 2008 11:59 AM BST
    I actually thought his salad dressing was quite good...
    Not sure which my favourite film of his was but I also like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
    xx
    • 734 posts
    October 2, 2008 9:53 PM BST
    Definately too many to choose from, but my vote would be for Butch Cassidy...

Bizarrely, when I was at school, there was a guy in my year who was the absolute spitting image of Paul Newman, even the same amazing eyes and a definate 'presence'.

Much love

Rae xx