Rose's Harmony Weekend 2008

• 19 posts
    November 2, 2008 4:30 PM GMT
    What a great weekend! Just get back from it - Rose's Harmony Weekend at the New Bath Hotel, Matlock Bath, Derbyshire, U.K., Thursday 30th - Monday 3rd November 2008.

The highlights for me were Saturday evening's Grand Parade and Miss Rose 2008 and Sunday's visit and tour round Chatsworth House, Derbyshire, the very famous English stately home and ancestral seat of the Dukes of Devonshire (see the recent Hollywood film - 'The Duchess', starring Keira Knightly (http://www.imdb.com/title[...]864761/) - about the life of Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire (June 7, 1757–March 30, 1806)

Chatsworth House was used as the set for many of the scenes in the film.

A group of us transgendered girls from Rose's Harmony Weekend went round the house to see the beautiful Christmas decorations, bringing a touch of colour and feminine charm to the other visitors on an otherwise cold and wet winter's day!

I enjoyed meeting and chatting to some friendly TG girls during both Friday and Saturday evening, who had come from all over the country to enjoy the weekend. A hello from me to everyone that Rose-Marie and I had the pleasure of meeting. We will definitely be back next year!

A special hi to Carol from London, Lesley from Tyne & Wear, Tiffany from Scotland, and all the other delightful ladies we met - I can't remember all your names!

And a special thank you to Martine Rose for organising such a wonderful weekend - you looked absolutely stunning in the Victorian costume that you wore round Chatsworth - as did the other ladies who made the effort to come in period costume, including my own Rose-Marie, who accompanied me round Chatsworth in top hat and tails!

x x x Amber