The new girl

• August 21, 2009 6:14 PM BST
    Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm an 18 year old tranny from Sweden.

I've been doing this for almost 2 years. I started out with my mom's clothes but am now dressing up in my sister's, because she's young and has all the nice clothes with leggings, short skirts and high heels. I've never told anyone about this and this is my first "public outing"

I've only put on clothes and maybe some make up but a couple of days ago I shaved all of my body except a part of my lower legs so I can still conceil my smooth skin. This was a big step towards being more feminine for me.

I am attracted to women but also men. One of my dreams is to grow my hair long, shape my eyebrows, and maybe take hormones and grow brests. I would really want to be a woman and maybe get a boyfriend who doesn't mind that I'm a tranny. Sometimes I wish that I was an orphan, so that I could start taking hormones and operations without dealing with the coming out to the family part. I've also thought about moving to the states leaving my family foreever and meet some like-minded friends and do my transformation there and get a wohle new life as a woman.

For now all I do is sneak up in the middle of the night, dress up nice and put on make-up and some high-heels. Then I walk around the block or further, because at night there aren't that many poeple out.

So, if anyone wants to talk to me, just mail. If you want to see some photos of me mail me and I can send you some from my last stroll around the block

Bye for now!
    • 430 posts
    August 23, 2009 9:31 AM BST
    Hi Lisa,

I think many of us started just like yourself. I came out to my sister when I was your age only to find she knew my whole life. We used to play dress ups since we were kids.... I just didnt relise she knew I never gave it up!

Just do what feels right for you. Chat to lots of people here as they can help offer you lots of wonderful advice and encouragement. I dont know how things are for people in Sweden, but I do know a few Swede's and they have all been lovely & friendly and open. You might find that there is lots of support for you at home. The internet is a great place to find heaps of great information and resources.

Keep coming back here. I'm sure there will plenty of people to chat with and you might just make a friend or two!
  • October 19, 2009 2:46 PM BST
    Hey Lisa!

I have also come out for the first time here just last week, and agree that this is a great way to let things go. I have felt these feelings for several years more than you have, and yet you have come along farther than I have even at present! Quite impressive. I have plucked my eyebrows, as you mentioned that, just to keep the under control. I have REALLY wanted to shave my body, but am still too scared about being stereotyped negatively.

Something I would recommend is to go visit thrift stores, and purchase some of your own stuff. I have done this, and it feels extremely good--there is nothing better than having the knowledge that you OWN a certain article of clothing! I am really happy to hear about your experiences dressing up outside; I would like to try that in the next year, and have made it my priority.

Good luck, and stay in touch!

Stan
  • October 21, 2009 3:36 AM BST
    Yeah, but I feel things are a little behind here in the US. I read an article in the New York Times about more men shaving their body hair to show off muscle and stuff, and I have considered just going for it. I discovered that changes in hair are much easier to handle if you do everything in stages; for example, when I shaved my beard, I took off one setting every day, and I could handle the bald-face look better when through! I think this may be what I will do with my leg hair. Also, if I do it in the winter, fewer people will notice and I will be able to become more adjusted, before I finally switch back to shorts. Thanks for the advice, though! I am definitely set on going for it, now. Leg hair is kind of gross, and has always bugged me. I don't care if women do it, but men just have so much more hair that it really becomes quite unsightly.

...wow, that was quite a stream of consciousness. Sorry!

Stan
    • 2017 posts
    August 23, 2009 4:50 PM BST
    Hi Lisa and welcome. I'm glad you found this place and you will soon see that it is a hive of useful information as well as a nice place to meet up and chat with others just like you. Have fun here.

Nikki
    • 2017 posts
    October 19, 2009 5:18 PM BST
    Don't be put off about shaving your body hair, you would be surprised that no one notices. i shaved mine off and have kept it that way since I was 25, to date I can only recall two people asking why I shaved my legs, and I told them 'because I don't like the hair.' This was long before I accepted myself as being TG. Plus, so many sportsmen, including the amateurs shave their body hairt so it's really pretty commonplace nowadays.

Nikki