Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Technical Support » Background preoblem when viewing profile

Background preoblem when viewing profile

Tags : None
  • Hi Everyone,

With the last GS website change, many of the screens are being rendered with the background overlaying the actual information
    in profile screens (view mode). I'm using a mac with the latest Safari web browser. Can anyone help?

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
      May 12, 2010 4:31 AM BST
  • Hi Michelle, I've got Safari version 4.0.5 which I think is the latest version, and I can't make it go wrong (although I am using a Windows Vista PC). I have looked at various people's profiles and they all display correctly. I'm not sure what you meant by View Mode though.

Could you let me have the actual URL's of some of the pages that are not right? Better still, could you also let me have a screenshot so I can see what you're seeing?

And finally, just to see if this really is a browser related problem, could you maybe take a look at the same pages using Firefox and let me know if they display okay?

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      May 12, 2010 9:22 AM BST
  • When you say "overlaying", do you mean the background is actually obscuring the information so that it can't be read?
    There is an option on the "upload your photo" page for uploading a background ("set profile background"), which also has an option to "delete without replacing" which sets it to no background. This confused me at first as the background shows whenever you view anyone else's profile, I couldn't understand why there was an old pic of me in the background of someone else's profile, it looked a bit cluttered but I could still actually read the information. I realised I had accidentally uploaded a photo as my "background" instead of as my photo or icon.
    Someone else asked a similar queastion recently, but of course Katie can't "see" the problem because the background you set is yours alone and can't be seen by anyone else.
    xx
      May 12, 2010 11:31 AM BST