On or off?

Tags : None
  • Why does my profile picture in forums suggest that I am off line while I am actually on line? No big deal, just asking because I am curious.
      June 26, 2010 4:00 AM BST
  • Hey I was going to ask the same question. I'm wondering too.
      June 28, 2010 4:01 AM BST
  • And a related issue: sometimes my login seems to survive closing the browser (without specifically logging out) but sometimes I need to log in again. Cookies and java and all that stuff are allowed.
      June 29, 2010 12:13 AM BST
  • Hi girls, the answer is that this old system takes a while to catch up. When you have just logged in, you may not actually be displayed as being online for a few minutes. However, our new site will update instantly but that's still a little way off.

And as you may have read in this month's Tribune, our login sessions have now been extended so you can now stay logged in for 200 hours without needing to enter your user name and password. Closing your browser will not affect this.

However, you can still easily log out if you want to, from the Member Services drop down menu at the top of the page.

Hope that helps.

Hugs, Katie x

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      June 29, 2010 12:51 AM BST
  • Thanks for the enlightening reply, Katie. As I said, this is no big deal. I was asking just for curiosity.

When I was more active in this place for 5-6 years ago logout was important for me as my access to the Internet was limited to my office at the time. I obviously did not want anybody to find out where I had logged in so in addition to logging out I had to clear the cache of my browser. My computers are for a few years what PC stands for, personal computers so now I prefer not to log out if possible.
      July 2, 2010 11:56 AM BST