A cool way to save money

• June 28, 2010 11:03 PM BST
    Don't you hate when you're putting on a pair of very sheer, new hose that you've just paid $10 for and you put your nail through it. UGH! I hate that. Or when you sit down in a restaurant and the chair has a screw with a burr on it that eats a hole in your hose? UGH! I hate that too. Anyway, if you want to make ANY of your hose more run resistant, you can still snag them but they won't run as easily, here is a tip that I saw on the local news.

I tried this and it really works.

When you buy your hose, or even some you already have, put them in the freezer for a day or two, one time only. It works! I had very sheer pair that caught something on the floor when I was walking on the carpet and it put a hole in the hose on the bottom of my foot, just smaller than the size of a dime. I put them on every morning for about two weeks. It never ran from the hole.

I had to trash them when my leg brushed against some velcro. lol Who would have thunk.

Give it a try. Batteries and candles will last longer too.

Good luck!
  • June 29, 2010 12:29 AM BST
    "Fix yourself a drink, I'll just slip into something a bit cooler."
    I've never heard of this before.
    Wouldn't any items become rock hard in the freezer?
    As for batteries I've always done the opposite by heating them up in the oven for a while in an emergency to get a bit more use.
    And as for the candles?
    Well I'm not even going there!
    The strangest thing I ever found in the freezer was a fish supper (fish and chips).
    I have absolutely no idea how it got there or how long it had been there.