Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » TG Books » TG Fiction Recommendations

TG Fiction Recommendations

Tags : None

I am an absolute bookslut, especially for anything transgender related. I've been running a website at http://bibrary.com for about a year now, and I'm currently working on version 2.0 of the site.

If anybody has any recommendations to share, I would love to hear them. Similarly, if you have any comments on the books I've already collected, that would be great as well. I definitely want to personalise the lists a bit more and provide some feedback/guidance not just on what books are LGBTQ (especially T!) friendly, but which are worth reading.

Thanks, all!

Hugs,
    Sally

Sally ¢¾ http://bibrary.com
    This post was edited by Sally Bend at September 14, 2011 8:22 PM BST
      June 30, 2010 10:29 PM BST
  • Luna by Julie Anne Peters is a very good fictional TG book. It's about a young adult who is TS and beginning to transition as told from the point of view of her younger sister. It's geared at young adults so don't expect a huge vocabulary but the overall themes and messages definitely make it a worthwhile read.
      January 16, 2012 5:23 AM GMT
  • I've been reading several books by Katie Leon.  Her writing style is wonderful, and she does a wonderful job of capturing the heart and soul of the transsexual experience.  Some that I have read recently include:

Summertime Pinks

Just Friends

The Dress Punishment

The Wishing Blanket

I'm just starting Wrestling Against Myself, but haven't read enough to make a recommendation yet.

Some other favorites:

Confessions of a Transsexual Physician by Jessica Birch

A Girl's Life by David Michaels

Undercover Girl: Growing up Transgender by Jill Davidson

Squirrel Cage by Cindi Jones

Becoming Emma by Sandy Thomas

Emma by Tanya Allen

The Hard Way by Tanya Allen

Some other favorite Authors include:

Tanya Allan - stories of transsexuals - transitioning - often early.

Sarah Desmarais - Sissy Cuckholding themes - older men, transformed by their wives or mother-in-law

Sandy Thomas - Men reluctantly turned into women - often under duress (hiding from gangsters, helping a friend,...) and discovering that they love being women.  Good reading, especially if you are in your 20s or early 30s.  A bit painful to consider if you are in your 50s or older.

Bea - Forced cross-dressing and feminization - "Sissy" stories.  This is a common fantasy for many transsexuals, myself included, because we have had so many people in our lives trying to force us to be men, which we hate being.  The prospect of having someone who knows what they are doing pushing us through the process of transition, breaking through all the pain, terror, and intimitadation - decades of programming - can be very liberating.

I'm an Amazon Kindle customer, and when I started reading these books, I quickly found a number of recommendations and similar books that were also enjoyable.  These are a good start.  I now have the Kindle App on my Cell phone, tablet, and laptop.

July 12, 2013 7:14 PM BST