profiles

Tags : None
  • why do i get a log in screen when i try to access a profile via the cht room.it never used too.ive been told little tricks but i dont understand,why dont they make it do this normally?
    mellowww
      July 16, 2010 3:30 AM BST
  • I have the same problem, and nobody has ben able to help me.
    It saddens me.:(
      July 16, 2010 4:16 AM BST
  • 2 2627
    Have you tried contacting Katie? Just send her a note she will fix it if she can.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      July 16, 2010 4:38 AM BST
  • Hi girls, this has been a problem since we changed our domain name. The link to the user's profile uses an old Trannyweb URL. You will have logged in from a page using our new Gender Society URL and that's what's in your session cookie. So when you arrive at an old Trannyweb page, the system looks for a Trannyweb cookie and can't find one so it thinks you are not logged in.

That's the cause of the problem. The reason we can't fix it is because the chat room uses Flash. Basically it's a Flash movie. We were never given the source code when we bought the chat room, many years ago, as that was a prohibitively expensive option, so we can't fix it ourselves. The company who created the chat room for us may be able to but it's unlikely that they still have our old source code after all this time. We would probably have to pay them a huge amount of money to start over with a new room and obviously, we can’t afford that.

In any case, we will be moving to our new site with our new chat room very shortly, so there's no point paying developers heaps of money we can ill afford if we're moving anyway.

So I hope that explains it and that you'll bear with us a bit longer. The new chat room may look a bit more plain but it does not use Flash and that means it can be accessed on mobile devices like iPhones and iPads. I hope that this will be a change for the better.

Hugs, Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      July 16, 2010 10:17 AM BST
  • I find it easier to open GS in another tab, go to my own home page and click on the names listed there for full profiles. When that is working and updating who is logged on. lol

Looking forward now to the new experience. Somewhat apprehensive, this old site has been home for many of us for such a long time.

Cristine.
    Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      July 16, 2010 10:29 AM BST
  • HI Katie,
    Thanks for taking the time to explain this little problem with the chat room profiles as I have noticed it too. xx
      July 16, 2010 2:20 PM BST
  • hi,are you a moderator?.why is this site so glitchy?i shouldnt have to be bill gates and work out how to find loop holes to do things when it should be simple.
    this site used to be popular,now its dead as a dodo..no wonder...sort it out.you are letting a minority down.

emoticon my arse.
    mellowww
      September 13, 2010 1:36 AM BST
  • Hi Dora,

You are obviously having a problem with this site, but your post offers no clue what is frustrating you. Can you give us a idea what the problem you are having is? We all want you and everyone else to be comfortable here.

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      September 13, 2010 1:49 AM BST
    "hi,are you a moderator?.why is this site so glitchy?i shouldnt have to be bill gates and work out how to find loop holes to do things when it should be simple.
    this site used to be popular,now its dead as a dodo..no wonder...sort it out.you are letting a minority down."

The software is older than your attitude hunni. But it is in the middle of being upgraded. If the site is as dead as the dodo then the dodo amazingly lives! Be patient...

Rae x
    www.raekelcou.com
      September 13, 2010 2:16 AM BST
  • The reason this one is glitchy is because the software was installed in 2002 when believe it or not, it was quite state of the art. Some recent fundemental changes have messed up a few things here (which used to work perfectly).

Our developer no longer supports this old software so rather than spending money we don't have on getting them fixed, we're moving to a whole new site.

Please be patient and it will be here soon. I promise it's going to be really good.

Hugs, Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      September 13, 2010 10:24 AM BST