Scanning prints to work in Photobucket

• 181 posts
    September 24, 2010 2:53 PM BST
    I have a Photobucket account and I have Fotki too. Now , the problem I'm having is I need to learnhow to convert a "Tif " folder to a "Jpeg I think. The forums all recognize Jpeg or so it seems . When I scana print , it goes in as a Tif . Now when I take that print and do the ":IMG code , it shoes as a deleted picture . So, How do I go around this delemia ? Thanks to all ! Ellen
  • September 24, 2010 5:01 PM BST
    Ellen
    One method would be to open your "Tif" file in some sort of editing programme such as "Paint" then re-name it as a "JPEG" file.
    If the file is small it will leave a grey area surrounding the image that you would have to crop off.
    • 1017 posts
    September 24, 2010 5:27 PM BST
    Hi Ellen,

Try going to CNET's software download area for free graphics conversion programs. There are several available and they do a good job of converting .tiff to .jpg.

Best,
    Melody
    • 2627 posts
    September 24, 2010 5:59 PM BST
    As Janit says open it in paint. Left click file at top left, click save as, & save it as a jpeg file.
    Or reset your scanner settings to save as a jpeg.
    • 2127 posts
    October 27, 2010 5:55 PM BST
    Slightly off topic, I know, but you may be interested to hear that when our new site is launched, you will be able to link your Photobucket account to it and do some really clever things. Flickr too!

Hugs, Katie x