High heels fit

Tags : None
  • I was wondering if any of you girls out there could help me. I'm new to the transgender world, and recently bought my first pair of heels-the ones that appear as my photo. My men's shoe size is 81/2 - 9M, and depending on the shoe, I've worn sizes from 8M to 91/2M. In my heeled cowboy boots, I've always worn a size 81/2M. When purchasing my high heels, I assumed I would fit into a size 10-11 shoe, but these sizes swam on my foot. Surprisingly, the heels I purchased are a 4" size 9M, which are a little snug down by my toes and the sides of my feet. I do have a slim foot. When standing or sitting for some time in these heels, I sometimes get a tingling sensation running up my feet. I've only been wearing these heels this past week, and for about a total of 5 hrs. Is this feeling normal for high heels, and do they fit right? When I walk, my foot doesn't slip out at all, but if I bend my leg like I was going to kneel, my heel slips a little, so I don't think I would have gone any larger in size. I do wear pantyhose with these shoes. Also, what kind of heels did I purchase? Are they pumps, platforms or platform pumps? Please help me!!!
      November 20, 2010 9:28 PM GMT
  • Hi Amanda,

I'd say in my experience, a men's US size 8 1/2 is probably a women's 10 or 10 1/2. Also depends on the manufacturer and style of the shoe.
    (
    I wear a men's 10 1/2, and for sneakers, pumps or boots, I usually wear a size 12, but sometimes an 11 1/2 or a 12 1/2 fit better (if I can find them - rarer than hen's teeth...)

GG's feet are (proportionately) shorter in length, wider in the front part of the foot and narrower in the heel.

If the worst you get with 4" heels is a tingling, count yourself very lucky, Most GG's (and TG's) would be in total pain after a couple of hours

The picture is definitely a "platform pump" - the raised area under the front of the foot is a "platform" which makes it easier to walk with a very high heel.

Best,
    Mellie

<p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      November 21, 2010 12:01 AM GMT
  • Hi Melody,

Thanks for your input regarding my heels. I too thought I'd fit into a size 10-11 heels. I'm an 8 1/2-9 in men's, but our size is also wearing socks. I think these heels in 9 fit me because my feet are slim, and with nylons they slip on easier. Plus, heels I think need to fit tighter than flat shoes to prevent slipping. Somewhere I read that men usually go up 1-2 sizes when wearing women's shoes, but with a slim foot, one size may be all that's needed. My feet did hurt after the first night wearing my heels, but I was ok and back in them 2 days later. I guess I just need to suck it up and get used to girly high heels. The heels are by Nine West manufacturer. Again, thank you for your feedback, I guess the tingling is something I need to accept, and i usually slip them off briefly when they hurt like this, and rub or dangle my heels. By the way, I think big girly feet are sexy.
      November 21, 2010 1:21 AM GMT
  • Hi Amanda,

Sounds like you have already sorted out what will work best for you. Everyone's feet are different. As I said, the style and manufacturer can make the fit very slightly or hugely different.

Example, if I buy a pair of high heeled strappy sandals, I always have to order a larger size than I do for pumps, sneakers or boots.

Best,
    Melllie
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      November 21, 2010 1:31 AM GMT
  • " My feet did hurt after the first night wearing my heels, but I was ok and back in them 2 days later. I guess I just need to suck it up and get used to girly high heels."

I'm afraid your going to have to get used to the discomfort Amanda, heels are made for looking at and for making calves appear more shapely but definitely not for walking in.
    I've been wearing them since I was 14 and last night as I finished getting dressed and slipped on my heels I knew that at some point during the night they were going to start hurting like hell. Then I checked myself out in the mirror and like most girls decided the pain was worth it. I also consoled myself with the thought of returning home kicking off my heels, taking off my stockings, and plunging my feet into a basin of warm water..............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
      November 21, 2010 1:54 AM GMT
  • Ok I have two sugestions for you one try a wide shoe or shop @ boots2shoes on Ebay I do they are great what ever your normal shoe size thats what you order I have baught two things form them great coustomer service & reasionable prices. what you have there look like a platform peep toe pumphttp://www.boots2shoes.com select the name copy it to ebay & you should find them
      November 21, 2010 2:33 AM GMT

• Hi Amanda,

Like the other girls have mentioned here, high heels are definately not made for comfort and there is some pain involved especially when you are wearing anything over a 3" heel. Most of mine are 5" heels but what I have found is that in the same size, different sizes will fit and feel different. I have 5" heel pumps that after a while have my feet screaming to take them off and I have a pair of 5" heel boots that I can wear for hours at a time. Obviously open toe pumps or sandals will fit a lot different that closed toe pointed pumps. I guess it's a matter of trying many different styles in a couple of different sizes....which sounds like a lot of fun to me I always wear pantyhose or stockings which I find makes it easier to slide in and out of them...just make sure the shoes are not too big a size or you'll be sliding right out of them as you are walking...or dancing! I normally wear a size 10M or 10.5M (depending on the style) in drab shoes wear size 12M (US) in womens. Good luck with your future purchases hon!

Hugs & kisses,

Monika

PS: nothing wrong with pampering your feet afterward...ie: warm foot bath, massage & moisturizing lotion
      November 21, 2010 1:04 PM GMT
  • keeping a ladies shoe on with the slickness of hose can be a pain until learned. basically you have to teach your toes to curl up a little so the shoe stays on.
    Interesting program on televison this week about GGs getting injections of fat into the balls of their feet to give a cushion so they can totter about on 7 inch heels.
      November 21, 2010 2:06 PM GMT
  • Actually, I have never had a problem fitting heels. My sole problem was, in fact, with flats. This is largely due to the fact that i tried on the heels before I purchased them. I walked in them in the store, later in the day when my feet had swollen a bit. The flats I bought without trying on first. Since shoe sizes (lasts) vary by manufacturer, one can never know for sure what size will fit unless you have tried on shoes from that manufacturer. If you buy by mail, walk in them on a rug and return them if they are the wrong size. That way the bottoms do not get scuffed.

FINDING YOUR SIZE:

Payless Shoe Source gives its sizes in inches as well. This makes it simple to buy by mail after trying on a pair of men's shoes in a store. You look up the inch measurements of your male shoes and find the female size with nearly the same measurements. You can then order them from the website. You can even buy a gift card in the store to use on the website and avoid your own credit card, if that is an issue for you. Their sizes tend to run a bit large, so you may need a larger shoe from other sources.

There are adhesive shoe pads that can be inserted to keep your heel or ball of your foot from moving and make a slightly large shoe fit. This is particularly handy if you are out of the half-size range of a shoe.

You often need a larger size in a high heel than in a flat. Do not crush your foot or you can end up with irreversible damage or at least a trip to the podiatrist. In addition, the curve of the sole in a high heel is critical. I have two, nearly identical spike heeled sandals with different curves to the sole. One pair I can wear all day with no foot pain. The other pair goes on fine but within two hours my instep hurts and I need to take them off. I would not buy a pair that hurt when I first wore them, though leather shoes can stretch. Quality makes a difference for both fit/comfort and longevity but, perhaps most important....your heels will not break off due to your weight. This can happen with overloaded, cheap heels. You can tumble and be injured, not to mention humiliated. If you are lucky you get to walk home in your stockinged feet carrying your heels...assuming you can still walk.

These About.com links can help find your shoe sizes. Look around there because there are lots of useful charts/articles.
    http://shoes.about.com/od[...]eet.htm

Finally, find a website that teaches you how to walk in heels and do not start with 4-5" heels. Get "training heels" first until you can walk safely in them on smooth floors, rugs, carpets and up and down stairs. Then increase the height of your heels.

You are ready to go out in heels when you are completely stable in them indoors. My standard is when I can dance backward while intoxicated I know I will be ok in public when sober or after a couple drinks on a night out.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      November 21, 2010 10:34 PM GMT
  • Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your explanation regarding high heels. I think my explanation for being a man's size 9M, and yet fitting into my high heels which are also a 9M is due to several factors; my feet although average in width being on the slim side, and 4" heels requiring a snug fit to prevent heel slippage along with pantyhose which make you foot even slimmer. I do believe that a women's width M is tighter than a man's M width, which could be why the front part of my foot is somewhat tight. However the fit, the next size up caused my heel to slip out of the shoe when walking. I think any sexy 4"+ high heels will generally cause foot pain after wearing them for some time. I guess this is the price for being pretty/sexy. I love the way my platform peep toe pumps look on my feet.
      November 22, 2010 2:50 AM GMT
  • I do like your heels but i have a slim high arch foot and wear any where from a 9 to ll womens medium in fact my running shoes are womens shoes no they shouldn't slip out and since i go dancing a lot they must fit me . Zappo's is an on line store that allows you to send back shoes that don't fit so i would order a couple of pairs of what you like and then have fun

danni
    love dressing and dancing at clubs. also like being sexy . any thing outdoors and esp. earth friendly
      November 22, 2010 3:30 PM GMT
  • Hi Danni,

It sounds like we're about the same size. Thank you for your response to my high heels question. You are very pretty.
      November 23, 2010 1:38 AM GMT
  • Boots2shoes on ebay will allow you to send back your shoes it they don't fit I have a pair of 4" Steleto heels I can ware a size 10 same as my drab shoe size but it really matters with who makes the shoe as each designer is diffrent so smoethmes its a bit of trial & error.
      December 22, 2010 6:39 AM GMT
  • A lot depends upon the size and style of heal.  My first pair were a set of 2 1/2 strappy sandle, with quite a blocky heal.  These were easy to walk in because of the relatively square heal.  However, I had to go and get a set of red courts, with a 4" stillie heal.  Ummm.  These are definatey for looking good in when you get into and out of a cab.  Not ideal for walking and my feat killed me after a few hours of dancing.  I have found that a plaster on the heal can help if they rub, but also gell inserts, like "Happy Feet" work wonders.  Golden rule, once on, keep them on.  If you take them off during the evening, they are hell to get back on.

:)

April 10, 2017 9:21 PM BST