Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Transgender Movies » Do you remember this film.........?

Do you remember this film.........?

Tags : None
  • Last week a movie I haven't seen in years popped back into my mind (for a variety of reasons), and I spent some time watching clips of it on You Tube. I have the soundtrack album on vinyl!

Do any of you remember an early Brian DePalma film from 1974 called "Phantom of the Paradise?" It is a rock version of "Phantom of the Opera," with a little "Faust" and "Picture of Dorian Gray" thrown in. The film stars Paul Williams, who also wrote the score. It was a bit groundbreaking in many ways, including the death metal scene (although Alice Cooper was doing something like that already). It has some camp moments, but overall a lot of fun, yet very sad, very poignant, and, at times, sarcastic and a great statement on perceptions.

The song "Special to Me" came to mind last week because Josie and Lilienne were concerned over my change in behavior due to a number of reasons (I'm fine now!), and I remember the lyrics to that song had some significance.

So, who remembers this movie? And, from what I understand, a damn remake is in the works. WHY?

Mere
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      March 25, 2008 2:01 AM GMT
  • Please, someone else tell me you saw this movie!!!!!! I'm not that old!!!!!
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      March 25, 2008 12:50 PM GMT