I told my boss

Tags : None
    My Senior Coordinator at the museum, technically my boss, had a small talk with me today about how I might be up for a big promotion. While they think I do a great job, they have noticed my mood goes up and down, something pretty much everyone notices. I am told him I am working on it.

And then I told him THE BIG NEWS about me. He was totally cool with it, and very supportive. So it looks like I will at least get an interview for the open Senior Coordinator position with the Blue Team, the team that handles the coal mine.

Whew!
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      June 22, 2009 12:15 AM BST
  • Go for it Meredith unless you want to change like I did, from Computer Graphic Designer to Hairdresser?

xxx Natalie
      June 22, 2009 12:26 AM BST

• Way to Go Girl, here's hopin things are on the up and up now!

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    "When the world gets in my face i say HAVE A NICE DAY"
      June 22, 2009 12:46 AM BST
  • I'm sorry it will not be the Red Team, Mere, so you can wear your red shoes. But good luck. Does this mean I can ask for Mere next time I'm in the Museum? Asking for the homocidal maniac on the Segway is not the best plan I can come up with.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      June 22, 2009 2:56 AM BST
    We haven't had the Segway for a while now. There is talk of bringing it back.

Uh oh.

My boss is a fantastic guy. I should have trusted him with this a long time ago. He was so cool about it.
      June 22, 2009 3:11 AM BST
  • 2 2627
    So now it's just the one on ones with friends.
    That was a big step girl , I'm very proud of you!!
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      June 22, 2009 10:55 AM BST
  • I'm so happy for you
      June 22, 2009 1:38 PM BST
  • Fingers crossed that you get the promotion Mere.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      June 22, 2009 2:23 PM BST
  • Oh gawd, Meredith, I am so happy and excited for you. I have crossed everything I possibly can. Why, why, I'm even crossdressed! Imagine.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      June 22, 2009 6:39 PM BST
  • HI Mere,
    Congratulations!! Thats a big step! Good luck on getting the Blue team position.
    Of course this means shopping for a French Blue Summer Dress, shoes and a handbag.

Who knows when you might get to wear them into work.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
      June 22, 2009 8:28 PM BST
    Mere
    Next conversation "Does this involve a raise in pay?"
    I was offed a promotion once and I asked that question and received a negative answer - prompting a negative answer from me.
    Go for it.
    hugs
    Gracie
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      June 22, 2009 9:18 PM BST
    Thanks, everyone. I don't regret what I did one bit.

As for the promotion, right now I can see where one or two other people might get it first and then I take over their spot. They definitely want to move me up. I really think the Blue Team is ideal for me since I love the coal mine so much, and am a labor historian. Let's see.

Pretty soon this will be all said and done!
      June 22, 2009 11:58 PM BST
  • Congratulations on being able to open up to your boss. Was it a heart pounding moment or were you cool as a cucumber?

Just got me worried that if you get the coal mine job you might have to do it into 20th century miners gear of thick clothes and boots or 17th century miner's nakedness ...

We have lots of mine related stuff in museums around here and I'm about 18 miles from the British National Coal Mining Museum in Wakefield, West Yorkshire where my uncle worked for many years. They have made it very nice and interesting.
      June 23, 2009 11:10 AM BST
  • back in September 2009 I finally told my boss about who I really am and he said he knew this for a long time that he knew that I was feminine and with that I had a great relief to me I also told my moms one sister ( one of the twin girls) Mom being the oldest of all the kids of 6) that I was a TS and she told me that she will stand behind and at work everyone now knows that I am Angelica and they are very accepting of me and will be there for me.
    Angelica Mae Colquhoun make do with what you got "Floyd Calhoun" (my grandpa) become who you are
      April 9, 2010 9:30 PM BST
  • Great news Meredith.
    Being able to do a job you like and be yourself whilst doing it is an enviable position to be in.
    I hope all goes well for you.
      April 9, 2010 11:26 PM BST
  • Meredith, I'm so happy for you. That must be a big relief for you. I'm sure you will do well at whatever opportunity comes your way, even if it isn't the big promotion. We at the Gender Society love you.
      April 17, 2010 2:24 AM BST
  • Congratulatons. I'm leaving my current job for career reasons but hope that whatever job I have in the future the boss is as supportive as yours. I don't think that will be much of an issue though since I'm planning on working in research.
      March 9, 2011 5:57 PM GMT