Gravity and Age

Tags : None
  • Hi Girls,

As I approach 60 years of age this Autumn, I'm noticing the toll that time and gravity are taking on my face. Lines are starting to form at either side of my mouth that will eventually meet up with the slight drooping either side of my sagging jawline. But these aren't my immediate concern.

My concern is the way my chin is no longer defined as separate from my neck. I'm developing what I've heard, uncharitably, called "turkey neck." I have a very heart shaped face with a small, narrow chin (think, horrors, Heinrich Himmler) and this really bothers me.

I need to let you know that my problem is not a "double chin" which comes from carrying excess weight in the facial/neck area. While I certainly could stand to loose weight, I carry it from the shoulders to my waist. My head/neck, arms and from the waist down are downright skinny. (I have no problem wearing a 7 1/2" bracelet for instance.)

I've seen ads for skin tightening products, "toning" bands/slings that pull the neck up overnight and electrical devices that are supposed to tone up the neck. These tend to run in the US$35 to $100 range. I'm frankly skeptical that any of them are more than scams.

I realize that plastic surgery is an option, but I don't have the money to do it (and honestly if I did, there are lots more flaws I'd want to take care of...)

Does anyone else have this problem and have you found any viable solutions?

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      February 5, 2010 11:49 PM GMT
    Melody - child
    Sounds like you're catching up with me. The sagging is called "The hound dog look" - join the club.
    Try turtle neck shirts - they hide the neck.
    There are exercises for the wrinkles....whatever....no luck here.
    I don't mean to drag down your happy thoughts - sorry

I try to take care of my face - toner and a good facial cream. It does feel good and I think it helps.
    What can I expect while I'm getting close to 80ish?

hugs
    Gracie
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      February 6, 2010 12:13 AM GMT
  • Hugs Melody

Sorry I can't help, I have no clue on what to do. If hugs will help I've got bunches.

XOXOX Jeri
    Jeri Elaine “A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.” - Irina Dunn, 1970 Indecision is the key to flexibility. - unknown
      February 6, 2010 1:19 AM GMT
  • Melody,
    I'm afraid gravity always wins in the end.
      February 6, 2010 3:50 AM GMT
  • Melody,
    I have tried many things, without any luck, at least there was no big changes.
    So, I turned to a good cosmetic surgeon, with some reconstruction work, with great results.
    Although, I still look for that elusive facial cream, and fight this growing old gracefully to the end...LOL
    Tammy
    <p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
      February 6, 2010 5:59 AM GMT
  • Have you heard of Arbonne? They have an incredible anti ageing range! X
      July 10, 2015 10:34 PM BST
  • Have you heard of Arbonne Melody? They have an incredible anti ageing range! X
      July 10, 2015 10:35 PM BST
  • Eat healthy and exercise to keep fit, as it will help to fight off the effects of gravity. 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      March 9, 2016 2:42 PM GMT