"......"

• 1017 posts
    February 11, 2011 1:17 PM GMT
    "We shall drink to our partnership. Do you like gin? It is my only weakness."

• 1017 posts
    February 16, 2011 1:24 PM GMT
    "It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'. When you grow up, if you still feel raw about it, I'll be waiting."

• 1017 posts
    February 17, 2011 12:56 AM GMT
    "You say your soul was killed, that you have been dead all these years. And what of me? Did we not both die here in Marmorus 15 years ago? Are we any the less victims of the war than those whose bodies were torn asunder? Are we not both the living dead? And now you come to me, playing at being an avenging angel, childishly thirsting for my blood. We understand each other too well. We know too much of life"

• 1017 posts
    February 10, 2011 1:24 PM GMT
    "There's a madman on the roof. You'd better call the police to get some marksmen over here. Shoot him down. Shoot to kill."

• 1017 posts
    February 9, 2011 1:32 PM GMT
    "Annie, when you're attracted to someone, it just means that your subconscious is attracted to their subconscious, subconsciously. So what we think of as fate is just two neuroses knowing that they are a perfect match."

• 1017 posts
    February 13, 2011 1:55 PM GMT
    "Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west, and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know."

• 1017 posts
    February 7, 2011 4:20 PM GMT
    "You're just like your brother. Ignorant, uneducated hillbilly, except the only special thing about you is your peculiar ideas about love-making, which is no love-making at all."

• 1017 posts
    February 8, 2011 1:12 PM GMT
    "I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight."
  • February 8, 2011 10:20 AM GMT
    Sounds like a fun night Mellie!
    • 1017 posts
    February 6, 2011 11:14 PM GMT
    "Uh uh I'm not sleeping with the Wicked Witch of the West's toenails in my face and your Godzilla breath on me, no way!"
    • 1017 posts
    February 12, 2011 1:35 PM GMT
    "He was alive when I buried him."

• 308 posts
    February 8, 2011 7:19 PM GMT
    Hummm, Melody, I really do not mean to sound .,..well a little naive , but what is this about? Or should I ask to join you in some wine....LOL
    JANIS, I think you may be right, and I just missed out.
    Tammy
    • 1017 posts
    February 8, 2011 7:31 PM GMT
    Hi Tammy,

Oh yes please, Tammy, join me in a glass of wine. We're serving Chardonnay here at the Anders' household today.

"what is this about?" It is, trying not to be too enigmatic, whatever you want it to be about...

Big Hint: Look at the name of the thread and in what Forum it's posted.

Best,
    Mellie

ps, I did the same thing on FaceBook last year and a few folks there seemed to enjoy it. Some took it as a quiz, others, as Janis did here, commented directly on what the quoted phrase means.

• 308 posts
    February 8, 2011 7:38 PM GMT
    OK, kewl Melody. I saw the name of the forum that it's posted in but I guess I am a little slow. Maybe that is from to much wine when I was younger...LOL
    Tammy
    • 1017 posts
    February 8, 2011 7:56 PM GMT
    Okay, Tammy,

Sunday, Miss Chi-Chi Rodriguez in To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

Monday, Bonnie Parker in Bonnie and Clyde

Today, Danny in Whitenail & I

Best,
    Mellie
    • 1017 posts
    February 15, 2011 1:50 PM GMT
    "It was a toss up between whether I go in for diamonds or sing in the choir. The choir lost."

• 1017 posts
    February 14, 2011 3:18 AM GMT
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."

• 1017 posts
    February 18, 2011 1:37 PM GMT
    "Well, some men, once they get a whiff of it, they trail you like a hound."

• 746 posts
    February 18, 2011 4:16 PM GMT
    Ahhhh....Mel????? "Don't bull'gart that joint my friend...pass it over to me"!

LOL

Traci xoxoxo
    • 1017 posts
    February 18, 2011 4:35 PM GMT
    Hi Traci,

They are random movie quotes. Today was Matty from Body Heat.

Best,
    Mellie
    • 746 posts
    February 18, 2011 4:41 PM GMT
    And mine was from "Easy Rider"!!!! (smile)
    • 1017 posts
    February 18, 2011 5:02 PM GMT
    Hi Traci,

You got me. I did recognize the song reference, but forgot it was on Easy Rider soundtrack.

Best,
    Mellie
    • 1017 posts
    February 19, 2011 1:10 PM GMT
    "I stay away from deviled ham on principle/I wouldn't eat roast duckling if I could/Willpower has made me invincible!/My word, those sausages look good..."

• 1017 posts
    February 20, 2011 2:11 AM GMT
    "What kind of mother would I be if I didn't give my girls tits... tips?

• 1980 posts
    February 20, 2011 4:52 AM GMT
    "You all grow wild around here. This reminds me of the story of Princess Laritza in 'Revenge of the Wench'. Seem everyone was giving her flowers because they thought she was dead, right? But she had taken this magical concoction...
    • 1017 posts
    February 23, 2011 7:34 PM GMT
    "I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest. Pencils ready!"

• 1017 posts
    February 23, 2011 7:45 PM GMT
    "At the store, can you buy a new frying pan? I'm a little squeamish about using the one we use to kill people."

• 1017 posts
    February 23, 2011 7:46 PM GMT
    "Now some of you might think that our loyal host intended this treasure for the coffers of Prince John, instead of to ransom the king- and you'd be right. But a strange thing happened. A change of heart overtook him in the forest and there it is safe and sound!"
    • 252 posts
    February 23, 2011 11:05 PM GMT
    "Everything is a mythical, cosmic battle between faith and chance. "
    • 1017 posts
    February 24, 2011 11:17 PM GMT
    "I built my whole life on hating my father. All the time he was inside me, laughing."

• 1017 posts
    February 25, 2011 10:57 PM GMT
    "Is this the face that wrecked 1000 ships and burned the towerless tops of Illium? Farewell, fair Helen."

• 1017 posts
    February 26, 2011 10:23 PM GMT
    "I want you to live with me and die with me and everything with me!"

• 1017 posts
    February 27, 2011 10:59 PM GMT
    "Oh. Where you going?... Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys to boast and brag. YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Oh... I think I love him."

• 1017 posts
    February 28, 2011 10:22 PM GMT
    "Now, shut up! Shut up, all of you! Now listen to me, you hicks. Yeah, you're hicks too, and they fooled you a thousand times like they fooled me. But this time, I'm going to fool somebody. I'm going to stay in this race. I'm on my own and I'm out for blood."
  • March 1, 2011 7:45 AM GMT
    ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
    WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.
    • 1017 posts
    March 1, 2011 11:16 PM GMT
    "Dear friends, would those of you who know what this is all about please raise your hands? I think if God is dead he laughed himself to death. Because, you see, we live in Eden. Genesis has got it all wrong. We never left the Garden. Look about you. This is paradise. It's hard to find, I, I'll grant you, but it is here. Under our feet, beneath the surface, all around us is everything we want. The earth is shining under the soot. We are all fools. Ha ha. Moriarty has made fools of all of us. But together, you and I, tonight... we'll bring him down."

• 1017 posts
    March 2, 2011 11:28 PM GMT
    "Ages three and up! It's on my box! Ages three and up! I'm not supposed to be babysitting Princess Drool!"

• 1017 posts
    March 3, 2011 11:00 PM GMT
    "I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving."

• 1017 posts
    March 4, 2011 10:44 PM GMT
    "You are different, Tommy. Very different. And I've discovered it isn't only a difference in manner and outward appearances. It's a difference in basic character. The men I know - and I've known dozens of them - oh, they're so nice, so polished, so considerate. Most women like that type. I guess they're afraid of the other kind. I thought I was too, but you're so strong. You don't give, you take. Oh, Tommy, I could love you to death."

• 1017 posts
    March 5, 2011 10:26 PM GMT
    "Look, if it's about that time I puked green slime and masturbated with a crucifix, it was my first keg party, Bobby"

• 1017 posts
    March 6, 2011 10:44 PM GMT
    "I hope they don't hang you, precious, by that sweet neck. Yes, angel, I'm gonna send you over. The chances are you'll get off with life. That means if you're a good girl, you'll be out in 20 years. I'll be waiting for you. If they hang you, I'll always remember you."
    • 1017 posts
    March 7, 2011 10:23 PM GMT
    "Money. You know what that is, the stuff you never have enough of. Little green things with George Washington's picture that men slave for, commit crimes for, die for. It's the stuff that has caused more trouble in the world than anything else we ever invented, simply because there's too little of it."

• 1017 posts
    March 8, 2011 10:31 PM GMT
    "Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time."

• 1017 posts
    March 9, 2011 10:55 PM GMT
    "Hello, handsome, is that a ten-gallon hat or are you just enjoying the show?"

• 1017 posts
    March 10, 2011 11:08 PM GMT
    "There may be honor among thieves, but there's none in politicians."

• 1017 posts
    March 11, 2011 8:41 PM GMT
    "Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."

• 1017 posts
    March 12, 2011 9:23 PM GMT
    "I'm doomed! And all 'cause Miss Man decides to take her little drag show on the road."

• 1017 posts
    March 13, 2011 5:52 PM GMT
    "The way you walked was thorny, through no fault of your own, but as the rain enters the soil, the river enters the sea, so tears run to a predestined end. Your suffering is over, Bela my son. Now you will find peace."

• 1017 posts
    March 14, 2011 8:15 PM GMT
    "I caught a big fat bug right in my spider web and now the spider gets to give the bug a big sting. Sting! Sting! Sting! Sting! Sting!"

• 1017 posts
    March 15, 2011 8:24 PM GMT
    "Madam, the tunnel lies straight upwards, but there is a big rock in the way and sadly we can't move it. Only a landslide could move it."