Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Crossdressing and how i kept it hidden

Crossdressing and how i kept it hidden

Tags : None
  • Hello all
    I have not posted in the forum before only replied to posts so forgive me if this is not interesting, but i know of a few memebers on the site who are crossdressers and their partners are not aware of this fact and i am interested in how they hide their clothes and femme things from their partner.
    I myself kept all my femme items and clothes hidden from my partner by means of false bottoms in drawers, false plinths in the base of units and also in one unit a false back with a pullout section for clothes. Being a cabinet maker helped me in doing this but i do wonder how others cope with hiding their things.
    As some of you know my partner has found out about monique and since then i have moved on from hiding clothes from her but there was still the issue of keeping it hidden from my daughter. So i turned my loft into a dressing room for monique, but as my daughter had things in the loft it still needed to be hidden so i paneled the loft out and some of the panels were false with cupboards behind even a dressing table for all my makeup and girly things.
    I am not sure i will get any replies to this post but if any body would like advice on adapting furniture in anyway please ask and i will offer any advice i can.

Monique xxx

December 30, 2010 11:56 PM GMT
  • Monique

Sorry you have to hide but I must say you are very inventive! I just keep my stuff in my dresser and closet, my wife knows but supposedly my daughter doesn't.

Jeri

Jeri Elaine “A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.” - Irina Dunn, 1970 Indecision is the key to flexibility. - unknown
      December 31, 2010 1:03 AM GMT
  • Hi Monique

You must break a lot of nails doing all that woodwork

I think we all use inventive means of concealment according to what our hobbies/skills are.

When I was a secretive crossdresser age 14 living in my parents house and sharing a bedroom with my Brother, being a budding guitarist helped. I hid all my girly stuff in a large external speaker cab. I even fitted the inside with hooks so that my clothes could be hung - I hated ironing. lol

Later, whilst still in the closet but working as a field service engineer, I kept my hoard of femme items in cardboard boxes disguised as spare parts. These could be loaded into my car if I planned to drive en-femme on a long trip or an over night stay.

Now, I am mostly "out" to everybody, that element of secretive excitement prompted by the fear of the of getting caught has sadly gone - but I am happier being openly me. Definitely less stressful.

Happy New Year

Lana XxxX
      December 31, 2010 7:44 AM GMT
  • Jeri
    Fortunately i dont need to hide it these days, but it interesting to find out about others situations
      December 31, 2010 4:51 PM GMT
  • I have a lockable work filing cabinet at home for the really girly stuff but most of the androgynous stuff is mixed in with my drab man things so I can dress in some way most days.

I used to have big cardboard box with stuff from various parties and Rocky Horror visits in the top of my wardrobe but stupidly I purged it one day. I suppose I don't want to push it as my kids are of an age that they would probably notice too much stuff in my closet/room and I'm not sure my wife would accept it either.

Hugs C x
      January 3, 2011 6:39 AM GMT
  • Hi Monique

For many years I used to hide things away in a black bin bag in the loft! Very rare for a wife to go rummaging around in the loft so always was pretty safe. In my old house the loft was converted but there were two small cupboards that went into the lower sides of the eaves. Perfect for hiding stuff in around the corner out of site.

Since I moved the loft was less acccessible and hence this did become a real pain in the backside getting up there to get the stuff out (though I didnt have much so not a huge problem). These days, as you are aware my wife now knows of my dressing, I simply have one small cupboard where my make up is kept and a small suitcase under a bed for my clothes. Still out of site though my wife is fully aware of them. Simply put away for when visitors etc come to stay. I would like to expand my wardrobe as it is very limited at present and hence can see future issues of storage. Luckily I can now discuss this with my wife and we will come to an appropriate solution I am sure.

Will be interesting when you ever come to sell your house how you explain all of the 'hidden panels' etc in your place to any prospective buyers.

Take care
    Kelly

January 3, 2011 2:54 PM GMT
  • My wife knows I dress, but is not supportive, but tolerant to some extent. I keep all my fem clothing in a large storage facility that I rent. It allows me to keep everything neatly organized, without flaunting it in my wife's face (I have a much larger wardrobe of clothing and accessories than she does). I keep my makeup, to include nails and lashes in the basement of our home.
    I limit my outings to every other weekend. When I'm going to go out, I go by the storage facility and pickup what I need. I do all my preparation work (hair removal, shower, makeup), at home, and then go to a friend's house to actually dress.

Occasionally I go out during the week, and the fact that all my clothing is located away from home saves me from having to justify going out to my wife (she never knows about these additional outings).

I'm working on trying to find 2-3 other gurls to go in with me on an apartment in which we can store our things and dress.
      January 3, 2011 5:38 PM GMT
  • Hi.

OK keeping it hidden.  I use stashes.  The problem with the attick is that it is too obvious and not easy to get to.  So I have things like a bag behind the bath pannel, covered with a few rags so that it looks like something the workmen left behind.  Also, in the garage, you can use tool boxes.  Hiding in plain sight.  You can also put padlocks on these, with the excuse of not making it easy for theives to use your own tools against you.  Things like that.  There are a few other stashes, but generally, when I get a chance, I need to be able to access it quickly.

;)

April 10, 2017 9:28 PM BST
  • Hi:

I used to keep my stash in cardboard boxes in the attic over the garage. Fortunately the attic had pull down stairs making access easier. I worked at home and my wife worked about an hour out of town. So after she would leave for wor work, I would go to the attic and select what I wanted to wear.

Well, I eventually confessed to my wife and she tolerated it for 10 years then we divorced. I now live by myself in a condo. And I now have a walk-in closet with a shoe tree. Much more convenient. Only need to stash my growing wardrobe when friends and family come over, which is not often.

-Rhonda

April 11, 2017 10:46 PM BST
  • Oh yeah.  I forgot one obviouse thing.  By taking up cycling you have the perfect excuse to shave your legs and nobody will bat an eyelid.

:)

April 11, 2017 10:59 PM BST