Welcome Zoe

• January 29, 2011 1:49 AM GMT
    Dear Zoe,
    Congratulations from me too.
    I think I understand your concern about opinions getting out of hand because in my experience, most people have their minds already made up about any issue. I would say that it is next to impossible to present any (logical) argument to sway them. Of course, for the sake of argument, it may be that they are actually "right" and we are "wrong" instead, but the idea is the same, since now they have to try to sway us. Often hot tempers ensue unless one or both can smile sweetly and say to each other "We're each entitled to our own opinions, but we can still be friends." Anyway, your new position is one that I don't have the nerve to fill. If I have any political opinions to offer, though, I will be as polite about presenting them as I can.
    Best of luck,
    Louise
    • 308 posts
    January 31, 2011 6:49 AM GMT
    Congrats Zoe.
    I have to ditto Louise, and Melody.
    I am not sure if just me, but the whole forum seems to be guided into a whole new POV. I must commend all the mods, for myself it has given me a whole new feel about posting.
    Tammy
    • 1017 posts
    January 26, 2011 10:30 PM GMT
    Hi Zoey,

Looks like this forum will have a slightly different POV with the new management.

Congrats on becoming a Mod!

Best,
    Mellie
    • 252 posts
    January 26, 2011 10:32 AM GMT
    Thank you, Cris. This is a busy time in the US, the President just gave his SOTU address and there is a host of gay and trans bills out there right now. I will try to read up on the latest news from Britain but I will need help. Please don't hesitate to post news stories, clips, etc. that you feel are relevant. And please...let's play nice, shall we?

Z
  • January 26, 2011 10:16 AM GMT
    welcome Zoe, the new moderator/manageress of the Polytics forum. Now we need someone from the UK to join her, any offers?