How do you prefer to shop?

• 19 posts
    January 31, 2016 8:55 PM GMT

I have shopped the thrifts but I really like Kohls store. They have clothes MY size and unisex dressing rooms. So even in drab I can grab a handful and head to the dressing rooms. Also their sales are great so I am getting NEW clothes. So nice. Undies I do mostly on line as I know what I like and can wait for sales. Shoes are from payless, get the bogo sales and you can do pretty good. I stock up on make up when in the big city. It is just fun to shop and even in drab, blending with other women shoppers.

• 2017 posts
    March 8, 2016 7:49 PM GMT

For me, the only way to shop is to spend a day with a girlfriend or two browsing the shops in the morning, trying on lots of outfits and buying a few. Then it's time to enjoy a little lunch in a cafe before round two in the afternoon. 

• 15 posts
    June 6, 2016 11:46 PM BST

Online is convienient (I can never spell that word correctly) but it's dicey when buying something other than a t-shirt. I really need to try stuff on, and if I have to return something, it's easier in person than playing the whole back and forth with an online store.

Plus, me and a good girlfriend of mine love to shopping together, so it's an activity. It's fun. Online isn't the same. I only buy online when I search high and low through my city and can't find what I'm looking for.

• 35 posts
    June 7, 2016 2:23 PM BST
    Katie Conley said:

I only buy online when I search high and low through my city and can't find what I'm looking for.

I agree that finding something in person, and being able to try it first, is optimal. Unfortunately that doesn't work well in my case. My town is small and doesn't have a lot of options for shopping.

However, I do mitigate the hassles of online returns by ordering only clothing that has measurements included. This is especially true on eBay. If an item doesn't have measurements given, I pass on it. There's plenty of sellers who do take the time to provide measurements, and some of my best finds have been found online.

(now to plan for a trip to the big city for some shopping...)