going out nr taunton

Tags : None
  • Hi, could anybody tell me, if there is some where that is, friendly and local, that a very nervous and shy crossdresser.could go to. I havent gone out DRESSED yet. but feel that the time is probably right. hopefully somewhere to dress as i cannot leave the house dressed. thanks in advance.
      March 17, 2011 7:30 PM GMT
  • There used to be a support group on Albemarle Road in Taunton called, 'Transgendered in Somerset'. I'm not sure if they still exist but if they do, that could be a good way to get started. I do have a phone number and contact name I can give you but perhaps I'd better not publish it here. If you can send me an email at the Gender Society, I'll reply with the info.

We have also been thinking about maybe having a West Country Girls Nite Out if we can get enough interest. That would most likely take place in Bristol but still, it's not too far away.

Hugs, Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      March 19, 2011 5:32 PM GMT
  • thanks katie.i think a night out in bristol would be agreat idea. i am hopefully going to crossroads this saturday. nervous but looking forward to it.will let you know how it goes if thats ok xx
      March 20, 2011 3:10 PM GMT
  • Please do.

Hugs, Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      March 22, 2011 6:19 PM GMT
  • Hi Kate.
    Well saturday 26th march 2011 arrived. I was feeling nervous about going to CROSSROADS.
    As i live an hour away the drive there gave me plenty of time to question myself. i arrived in good time, but there is a large car park so no problem.
    Being a bit early i rang the bell and was welcomed in by Lauren. i was still in "drab mode" at this time.Lauren showed me where i could change, I was given a tour of the hall and was introduced to some of the members, who had now arrived.
    The hall was set out very nicely with table and chairs a plate of biscuits on every table.free tea or coffeee. and you can order FISH & CHIPS or CHINESE food no not free BUT a good price,
    It was a great social do. and they are planning things for the summer.I found every one there to be very friendly. in total i think that there were 30 people attending. Partners are made very welcome too.
    So the question that i asked myself on the drive home will i go again....... YES YES.. Oh and by the way i drove home dressed too. it felt so great to get out of the car in heels and dressed slowly walk up the path and to the door, as i walked up the path a young man walked by and yes we looked at each other nothing said and on he walked. felt good though.Penny xxxx
    PS sorry for the long post please edit as you see fit. xx
      March 27, 2011 8:14 PM BST
  • Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Somehow I missed this post. Glad to hear it went well Penelope. That was some time ago though. What's happened since then? Have you found more places to go and are you out and about regularly now?

Hugs, Katie x
      September 10, 2012 1:53 PM BST
  • Yeah, I visit the area sometimes. Any good trans hotspots?

November 26, 2013 2:52 PM GMT
  • rosie foster said:

Yeah, I visit the area sometimes. Any good trans hotspots?

Julia Ford says:

Hold this thought.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 1, 2014 10:39 PM GMT
      February 1, 2014 9:12 PM GMT
  • julia ford said:
    rosie foster said:

Julia Ford says:

Hold this thought.

Huh? Anything to share?

February 18, 2014 4:23 PM GMT
  • rosie foster said:

julia ford said:

rosie foster said:

Julia Ford says:

Hold this thought.

rosie foster said: Huh? Anything to share?

julia ford says: You have shared it already. Yes you are Trans!!!!! but only very Trans-parent . Contradiction after contradiction. It is in the link below , would you like more?

http://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/9534/help-i-can-t-handle-bieng-trans

This post was edited by Former Member at February 19, 2014 12:25 AM GMT
      February 18, 2014 8:02 PM GMT