Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Transgender Movies » Transgender on television

Transgender on television

Tags : None
  • (There doesn't appear to be a television forum)

I was thinking about television series's which are about or contain transgendered people - or where gender identity is addressed. Two came to mind immediately:

Boy meets girl:  A six (?) part series where a man and a woman swap bodies, and he is interested to discover what life is like as her. It portrayed the M2F quite interestingly I thought, though the F2M was largely overlooked, mainly because there is less they can do withit for television.

Hunting Venus: a two part tlevision film about ten years ago starring Martin Clunes and Neil Morrisssey. Martin Clunes is attempting to put an eighties band back togethert, only to discover that the lead singer (Neil Morrissey) has had a sex change. Largely played for laughs, I enjoyed this for the obviouis reasons.        

<p>Alice</p> <p>"You can be whoever you are in Shangri-la" - Neil Innes </p>
      May 30, 2011 9:02 AM BST
  • Not a series, but an episode of 'Waking The Dead' had a transgendered character, MtF, as the main suspect.... and very attractive she was too!

On the other hand... Hayley in 'Coronation Street' ..... but then she is played by a rg!

May 31, 2011 10:30 AM BST
  • Ugly Betty (ABC (US)): Daniel's sister. Also: beautiful people (Logo): Two boys fantasizing "about living the good life, girlfriend".
      May 5, 2012 9:16 PM BST
  • Transparent!!! such a great show

February 28, 2015 2:17 AM GMT