Where to live as Tgirl?

• June 7, 2011 5:50 AM BST

hello

i want to leave my old life( in austria) and start all over in a different country....start hrt und later srs

the question is : where is the best place to live as tgirl?

i was thinking of the us, but which city?

miami, new york, L.A. or even las vegas?

i wanna do my surgeries in thailand but moving there and living there for a year....i dont know

any suggestions ?

thx

nicole

• 16 posts
    July 2, 2011 3:21 PM BST

Dear Nicole,

I think it would be fun to visit a few places first, however even after visiting you may not learn the ins and outs of the locations with out being therefor a while.  Saan Fransisco may be about the most tolerant place in the US and to be able to meet and speak with someone from these areas you mentioned may be the best first step.

Good luck ,

Shirley

• 181 posts
    July 5, 2011 2:11 AM BST

Nicole , if ya can stand the filth , the high crime and the Warp Drive factor of Washington D C , uh have I got a place for you ! Yes , being trans in our nations Capital , uh KRAPITOL  is perfectly legal . I used to live on N W California street . rents there in 1975 ran about 850.00 a month plus utilities . I suspect today , uh 1,600.00 for a place . Nowthere isa great network of support for we Trans people in Northern Virginia . Problem is traffic , and the high cost of living . I'm also told Charlotte North carolinia is welcomeing to we trans people , but I have some difficulty believeing all that too. You might also investigate Ashville North Carolina as there is a small, yet growing segment there . . Me , I'm still stuck in Richmond Virginia . Theres a clinic for H RT here , a medium sized somewhat closeted comunity and few places to be yerself . ellen

• July 25, 2011 10:01 PM BST

Hi Nicole, have you concidered TRANsivania? I understand its quite the happening place for us girl's. No im not talking the place where Dracula hangs out, actually my transivania doesnt exist yet it an Idea i have had for a while. Find an old city up for sale change the name and only allow transgendered people to live there or maybe our own island? Good luck just remember that the best place is the one that makes you happy to be there and makes you feel safe. Cheers Kattie

• April 11, 2012 5:56 PM BST
    ive been thinking about this too ..its got to be a big city really doesnt it? I think somewhere in europe like maybe amsterdam or somewhere a bit liberal though then its not so far from 'home'....i think im just going to move up the road to soho for myself though

also wouldnt you need a green card to move to america for over 3 months??

sams x
    • 1 posts
    December 16, 2012 4:47 PM GMT
    Provincetown on Cape Cod perhaps? When I was in the USA and otherwise lovely couple assuming I was one of them warned me that it wasn't a place "we straight people" were welcome. LOL!!. It sounds like paradise to me now. If I end up doing RLE I may just relocate there. A quiet New England seaside town surrounded by dunes and the rolling sea. Heaven.

*loses self in dreams of seaside freedom, love & safety*

• January 16, 2013 12:51 AM GMT
    San Francisco would my first choice, I lived there for awhile and can't wait to get back. My second choice would be Toronto..a very large TG population there as well.