Tags : None

Maybe I'm really odd, but I keep hot sauce in the fridge after the seal is broken on the cap.

<p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      August 14, 2011 11:56 PM BST
  • not so odd i do the same thing

August 15, 2011 4:04 AM BST
  • does it stay hot?  and, doesn't that waste electricity with the fridge trying to cool the hot sauce?

August 15, 2011 1:41 PM BST

The "heat" in hot sauce is chemical (from various peppers) and not from temperature, the amount of heat is the same if the bottle/sauce is room temp or chilled. I'm sure the 6-10 fl. oz. bottles do use some electricity, but it's neglible compared to the watermelon and whole turkey that are also in there.

It's more of a question of preservation - does leaving the bottle out at room temp cause any loss of flavor or increase the chances of the hot sauce going bad? Truthfully, since most better quality Mexican restaurants leave their hot sauce out all the time, what I do is probably useless.

But then, I do all sorts of useless things...

<p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      August 15, 2011 3:35 PM BST
  • I keep all my bottles of ketchup and chilli sauce in the fridge after opening because it says on the bottles, "Refrigerate after opening".

No, Melody, I don't think you're odd at all.

xx

August 15, 2011 5:53 PM BST
  • I do the same as Lucy, it's perfectly normal to store things correctly.

<p><span style="color: #ff00ff;"><strong><em>Being a girl is a full time job... Hugs n' stuff Sammi xXx</em></strong></span></p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
    This post was edited by Sammi Gray at August 26, 2011 4:47 PM BST
      August 26, 2011 4:46 PM BST
  • After returning from a night out I recall pouring what I took to be chilli sauce over my pre-cooked chicken breast - only when I sank my teeth into this franken-chicken did it dawn on me that body paint doesn't taste good microwaved!!  I threw this nightmare into the back green - however even the pidgeons turned their noses up at what looked like the end result of the TGI Fridays Chain Saw Massacre had taken place - minus the usual film noir props.  I think the police ought to recruit people with a more sophisticated sense of humour - even after explaining to them for the umptenth time, they were less than bloody amused ...

I still store things in the fridge you might not expect to find there, chopped tomatos, chutney, courgettes, parsnips, body lotion, Lush face cream and, of course,  chillis.

<p>Humanity is proof have evolved - transgenderism is proof we haven't evolved enough&nbsp;&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>"I ask myself, in mercy, or in common sense, if we cannot alter the conviction to fit the body, should we not, in certain circumstances, alter the body to fit the conviction?&rdquo; &ndash; Harry Benjamin [endocrinologist]</p>
      November 2, 2011 1:07 AM GMT