Site Upgrade Probs

Tags : None
  • Hi, I'm making a list of problems created by our site upgrade.  If you encounter a problem please do post it here so I can add it to the list. 

Thanks, Katie  :)

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      November 18, 2011 11:42 PM GMT
  • Hi Katie, so like I had posted on the main wall, I don't show online when I'm online, all of my pictures are gone from my profile, and I haven't been in chat in a day or so but everyone there was a blue bird the last time I was there.  My pics are my biggest concern.  Hope they can sort it out. Thanks, Bri

Briana Lynn
      November 19, 2011 12:21 AM GMT
  • all my profile pics are gone, too, and it doesn't show me in the "whos online" box anymore :-(

November 19, 2011 12:38 AM GMT
  • The actual link under full members, photo albums has completely dissapeared.   Can't uploaf profile piccies direct from your profile upload or edit.  The link to feature articles does'nt work and you can't upload a new feature article,, make a donation also does'nt work.  

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      November 19, 2011 12:40 AM GMT
  • I can't upload a new profile pic

November 19, 2011 12:47 AM GMT
  • hi Katie, as many have said i can't upload a new profile pic all my pics from at least 7 years have gone. the chat room profile pics have been replaced with a blue bird apart from all those that are moderators apparently. it seems to be an issue with uploading pictures. cristine has obviously pointed out other issues also. good luck fixing the issues we know you are working hard to resolve it. :)

Faye x
      November 19, 2011 10:25 AM GMT
  • Hi Faye,
    No it applies to all the moderators (except Matt of course lol, but the less said about that the better).
    Sorry this has happened to you Katie, everybody knows it's not your fault and that you are working hard at trying to resolve these issues.
    Have a group hug from all the membership
    ((((((((HUG))))))))

This post was edited by Former Member at November 19, 2011 12:29 PM GMT
      November 19, 2011 12:28 PM GMT
  • My hair is a mess, I spilled some tea on my blouse, my dog is ill, and I have a headache!  Oh...wrong site, thought this was the "Bee-atch" Dept.!  

Good luck Katie in straightening all this out...who cares about the pix anyways!  LOL

Traci  xoxo

<p>Traci</p>
    This post was edited by Traci Lee O'Gara at November 19, 2011 12:40 PM GMT
      November 19, 2011 12:39 PM GMT
  • In fairness Traci, Katie asked us to point out things which aren't working. I don't think anyone is being bitchy!

November 20, 2011 12:24 AM GMT
  • U R correct...I was making humor and kinda failed!  (smile)

Traci  xoxo

<p>Traci</p>
      November 20, 2011 6:19 AM GMT
  • Kiss
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, Katie.  Both the chatroom and FRIENDS chat now work for me for the first time since 123Chat went in  :-D  Happy Days!

You were not expecting good news, were you?Wink

"A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
    This post was edited by wendy larsen at November 20, 2011 8:12 AM GMT
      November 20, 2011 8:11 AM GMT
  • Still getting this error when I click on the 'My Photos' link on the 'My Profile' page. (And of course, all my photos have still disappeared:-( ):-

We're sorry!

We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again or report this to your site administrator using the contact form.

Administrator: Please check the error log in your admin panel for more information regarding this error.

Error Code: 95c95c

<p>hugz, Mel. xx</p>
    This post was edited by Melissa Milner at November 22, 2011 4:44 PM GMT
      November 22, 2011 4:43 PM GMT
  • Hooray! The photo albums are working again. That problem was also to blame for the probs we had with the forum, which should also be back to normal now. There are4 actually some cool new features in the new version of our album software, like the slideshow for example.

We have also fixed the login problem that some people encountered and also the password reset utility, which had also stopped working right. There was a problem on the Message Inbox page too which prevented you from going on to subsequent pages but that is fixed as well. We have not been idle!

Sorry about the inconvenience though. I know there are still a number of other problems on the list which need fixing. We're working through the list and I hope that all will be well soon.

If you see any other probs around the site, please post them here so I can get them fixed.

Hugs, Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      November 23, 2011 12:18 PM GMT
  • Thank you Katie for all your hard work in getting these problems fixed. I just hope other people appreciate your efforts as well
    Hugs
    Carol
      November 23, 2011 12:38 PM GMT
  • Yes Katie...one complaint...you don't deliver food or wine! I mean, c'mon! (smile)
    Traci xoxo%
    <p>Traci</p>
      November 23, 2011 2:48 PM GMT
  • I think it's necessary that I mention this, real quick. It doesn't really require a fix because I made up my profile again, but I found out why it wouldn't let me log in the second time... somehow my profile had gotten deleted. No harm though, my profile is still pretty rough so n.n

Just thought I should mention it.
      November 24, 2011 12:49 AM GMT
  • Hi Katie, I don't know if it's something they are still working on but I still don't show up as "online" when I am online. Not a huge deal but didn't know if it was being worked on, or if you weren't aware of it. Enjoy your break and buy lots of shoes, you deserve it. Bri XOXO
    Briana Lynn
      November 25, 2011 2:27 PM GMT
  • I have the same problem Briana. I think it's something to do with cookie expiry times. I log in, the module shows me as logged in, but if I come back some time later (without logging out or closing the browser) I've disappeared...
    <p>hugz, Mel. xx</p>
      November 25, 2011 4:10 PM GMT
  • Thanks Melissa, and never mind Katie. I never had to log off before but I logged off from all the computers I use, and I'm back now. It shows me online. Thanks everyone
    Briana Lynn
      November 25, 2011 6:37 PM GMT
  • I think I came across another feature that isn't working. It's not a major deal but I thought you would want to know if we noticed anything else. The "who I've viewed" and "who has viewed me" isn't updating. Just wanted to let you know.
    Briana Lynn
      November 30, 2011 1:57 AM GMT
  • The 'remember me' feature on the login form doesn't seem to be working either. I'm using Firefox 3.5.something...
    <p>hugz, Mel. xx</p>
      November 30, 2011 2:48 AM GMT
  • Sorry, but one more thing Katie - the automatic signature addition which is generally added to the bottom of forum posts seems to have gone AWOL as well.
      December 5, 2011 12:10 PM GMT
  • I seem to have noticed another issue. When I add a new picture and it pops up on the main wall, all of the comments from the last three or four pictures added come along with it.
    Briana Lynn
      December 17, 2011 4:45 PM GMT
  • Hi Katie,
    I've noticed that if you edit a post you lose all the paragraph formatting, which is just a little bit narky. You have to go through and re-enter all the paragraph breaks or else it just comes out in one big block.
    Sorry for being a fussy cow :)
    xx
      February 11, 2012 6:02 PM GMT
  • Remember me is a feature contained on the browser you use on your own computer,I have just tempoarily changed over to my laptop, entered me details and when asked, told it to remember me, it is working, although on my main PC I am using XP PRO, now using the laptop I'm reduced to WIN 7 and using WE, having a shed loada problems I did not ecperience whilst using the XP with Firefox on my PC
    Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      February 11, 2012 6:15 PM GMT