Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Make-Up Tips » Removing Eye makeup

Removing Eye makeup

Tags : None
  • Hi!

I've been experimenting with makeup recently. I bought a decent kit online... the makeup washes off pretty easily with my standard soap and water. However, I bought myself better eyeliner than the kit had in it. It's a MAC brand eye liner.

My issue is that it can get difficult to remove -all- of it. I can get most of it between my soap and moisturizer (either applied to a cotton pad so as to keep from hurting my eyes). However, enough of it stayed on to cause me some trouble at work.

One of our lady security guards asked if I'd been wearing eyeliner... asked if I'd been dressing up as a girl... She was so close I freaked out a little... well inside... I kept level on the outside and went to the bathroom... I guess some of it managed to stick around my eyelashes enough to almost give me away... I managed to dodge the bullet, but it'd be nice to know of any other ways to get almost all that eye liner off!

Please, Thank you! HUGS!

<3 Tara

November 27, 2011 11:16 AM GMT
  • You should easily find makeup remover towelettes in the makeups section of most pharmacies. (I use Neutrogena.) They work quite well.
      November 28, 2011 3:16 PM GMT
  • Boots also do two of their own versions - cucumber and a cream, the cream one is slightly better (£1.42).

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Essentials-Fragrance-Free-Eye-Make-Up-Remover-Lotion-150ml_869556/?CAWELAID=334515102&cm_mmc=Shopping

This post was edited by Former Member at November 28, 2011 4:24 PM GMT
      November 28, 2011 4:18 PM GMT
  • Tara,
    I use some pre-moistened eye makeup remover that I keep in my purse. Works wonderful.

Michelle Lynn

BTW: I would have answered YES and asked her how she removes it. (just kidding)
      December 1, 2011 1:14 AM GMT
  • I use simple cleansing facial wipes- they are kind to skin, have no perfume -and they work
      December 7, 2011 2:16 PM GMT
    As the girls have said, there are many types of general make up removers available, from cream to pre moistened pads..i would never recommend removing make up with just soap and water simply because it severely dehydrates your skin and ain't good for it! Always moisturise after removing make up too!
      December 11, 2011 6:07 PM GMT
  • i use simple eye makeup remover and a cotton pad, work in a couple of swipes oh and baby wipes work well too! x
    Faye x
      December 11, 2011 7:44 PM GMT
  • I'd recommend the facial wipes that Carol mentioned, the ones from Boots, they're really good, x
      December 11, 2011 8:50 PM GMT
  • Please don't use just soap and water girls. As Debbie Davies said, it is so dehydrating and harsh on your skin. In my studio, and on myself, I use a product called "Albolene". It's an old school cleanser & moisturizer. It deeply cleans your pores, and is safe, and non irritating for your eyes. It's wonderful. My wife took the tip from me, and uses it every day as well.
    Just spread it on, work it in, and remove the excess with a tissue.
    Amanda Richards
    XO&&Amanda Richards&&www.amandarichards.com
      December 31, 2011 3:05 PM GMT
  • Use wipes Tara. Not soap and water!
      December 31, 2011 3:13 PM GMT