Anna's latest book

• 2068 posts
    November 29, 2011 12:09 AM GMT

Well its taken some time but i have finally got my latest book published and although its not tg-themed its been a lot of fun to do. This one is about the medals awarded in WW1 and 2,the previous book was about those who were awarded the medals but this book is about the medals themselves. I have produced this book at the place where i do my voluntary work and the people there are very impressed with it. Hopefully it will be going on our website at www.lowestoftheritage.org sometime this week.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/gendersociety/

Talk about a busy girl.....i'm already researching information for my next book.

Anna-Marie xx

• December 1, 2011 5:01 AM GMT
    Hi Anna Marie. Being one of the older girls here I can remember as a child the shapes and vivid ribbon colours of various medals awarded to my father and his brothers. I suppose most households in the UK were the same. I've no idea what happened to them, I've asked my older sister but she has no idea either. I'm looking forward to reading your book to see if it jogs any memories.

Love

Heather
    • 2068 posts
    December 2, 2011 12:12 AM GMT

Hi Heather thanks for takin time to reply. I guess my interest in medals stems from the fact that when my grandad passed away, he lieft me the original medals he was awareded back in ww2 when he served with Montgomery's 8th army in Italy and North Africa. I think he may well have been at Tobruk and El-Alamein.

Anna-Marie xx

• 2068 posts
    December 2, 2011 12:12 AM GMT

Hi Heather thanks for takin time to reply. I guess my interest in medals stems from the fact that when my grandad passed away, he lieft me the original medals he was awareded back in ww2 when he served with Montgomery's 8th army in Italy and North Africa. I think he may well have been at Tobruk and El-Alamein.

Anna-Marie xx