Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Good Morning » Struggling with weight loss

Struggling with weight loss

Tags : None
  • To start with, I'm a big girl. Stout. I've been struggling to lose the extra weight and have finally got into a routine that works. I've lost nearly 20 lbs. And now I'm looking at bras that are too big and wondering if it's worth it. I've considered augmentation in the past and decided against it. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to have to do it anyway. I'm not going to decide right now. My target weight is still months away and I'll have to talk it out with my SO. 

The things we girls go through... I've had a wonderful year anyway. I hope everyone else has too and have a happy and fun new year!

December 31, 2011 4:37 PM GMT
  • Karen,

Don't give up on the weight loss.  I turned on the diabetic switch inside me by being overweight (265lbs - a size 22 UK and a BMI which put me in the severely obese category).  Fortunately my local Health Authority have classes for diabetics to help them eat more healthily and also classes on losing weight and setting targets.  I made the most of these, unlike some as only approx 10% of those people diagnosed with this condition ever bother to attend.

So, armed with the facts, I radically changed my diet, cutting out all the rubbish I had been eating and switchd to a healthy home produced diet.  I joined a gym and set myself my goals - 18 months to get back down to a size 12 and around 147lbs (10½ stone)

As I started losing weight and became fitter, I increased my gym routine and things were going so well, I changed my goals to something a little more stringent - to get down to 130lbs within 10 months.  I must admit it was difficult and in the end I was going to the gym for a workout 5 days a week plus swimming - and just 1 week after my target date I weighed in at just 130lbs.

I had lost an amazing 136lbs (over half my body weight) in a fraction over 10 months.  I was in a size 10 (UK) dress - and even felt comfortable in size 8 (UK) jeans.  However, I must confess I was too scrawny at this weight so have allowed myself to creep back up to around 137lbs and a size 12 dress.

There was one bad side effect though - mainly down to my age, in that my skin has lost a lot of elasitcity since my youth and my face is now rather lined - which is why, in two weeks time, I am heading off to Peru for an FFS which will include a face lift and laser treatment for the fine lines.  So it has come at a price for myself.

So, was it worth it for me - the answer is a resounding 'YES'.  I am so much fitter, my blood sugar levels have remained in the 'normal' level for the past 3 years (even my GP is amazed at that) and I can shop for clothes I like without a worry.  I feel a lot younger with an added zest for life and with the benefits of my FFS I will probably look a lot younger too.  So, if I could do it, so can you lol

Good luck love

and as the ad says "You're worth it"

Carol xxx

December 31, 2011 8:51 PM GMT
  • I'm just irritated that the first place the weight comes of is from the breasts. It's a cruel joke nature plays on us.
      December 31, 2011 10:06 PM GMT
  • It's not just us though Karen - it happens to all women so we're not being singled out in that respect lol. A lot came off my backside too - which meant that I could wear a size 8 UK (size 6 US) jeans when I was at my skinniest and I don't think I have been that size since my early teens.

Good luck sweetheart, It is so worth it xxx
      January 1, 2012 2:53 PM GMT
  • Change your lifestyle habits in diet and physical activity takes a promise of time and energy. Do not focus on too much on the long-term goal of losing 40 pounds; try to lose 40 pounds without a good weight loss plan.
      February 18, 2012 3:41 AM GMT
  • Thanks for your suggestion but I've changed my diet as much as I can. My exercise routine has been interrupted by a knee injury. I'll be back at it as soon as I can walk again. I am continuing to lose weight but only ½ lb a month.
    I'm scheduled for lipo next month, not for weight loss but for body shaping. The weight loss is only a side benefit. My first stop after that is shopping for a new swim suit.
      February 19, 2012 4:01 AM GMT
  • That's so great dear:) wish you a very Good luck..have a great day;)

This post was edited by malina martis at February 23, 2012 6:33 AM GMT
      February 21, 2012 2:56 AM GMT