Characters Needed

• 28 posts
    January 5, 2012 2:42 AM GMT

I'm writing a novel for teens and adults.I have the outline but need a few more characters.If you would like to be in the novel please post your character bio here.

But each character must be an animal.

For example:-

Penguin...is the doctor."his hurried footsteps slapped the pavement as he rushed in response to the emergency call.The coat tails of his tuxedo flapping in the stiff breeze he created."

Rabbit.....is the reporter...(he rushes at everything.missing things that are important)

Tortoise ..the old man in a residential home..(slow paced and methodical)

Minah Bird...usually fussing about her appearance in the mirror

Tibetan Mountain dog.....very friendly and a devoted companion of the minah bird.Supporting her diligently in the time of her grief.

I don't mind 2 more dogs and up to three cats.I would prefer the cats to be siblings.But they could all know each other from a society type setting.Any character bios would be of great help.

The setting will be a small town so no large elephants or such.

I look forward to any replies.And of course when the novel is completed I will give recognition for your input and provide a copy if you would like.

I'm an optomist.

Hey but we all know.If you don't try you'll never know.

• January 5, 2012 4:47 PM GMT
    Greyhound......so aware, so fast, so beautiful
    • 28 posts
    January 5, 2012 9:39 PM GMT

Thank you Heather Ann.That is indeed a beautiful suggestion and will fit in so well.Any particular name and/or character type?

• 214 posts
    January 6, 2012 9:05 AM GMT
    Border collie dog (sheep dog) intelegent , faithfull, hard working guardian of the flock (could be semi retired)
    • 28 posts
    January 7, 2012 5:52 AM GMT
    Thank you rosie.....Border Collie's are great dogs.If the dog you are thinking of was a retired person what would they have retired from and why?
    • 214 posts
    January 7, 2012 8:56 AM GMT
    retired from looking after a flock of sheep, due to age-- just like me
    • 28 posts
    January 7, 2012 12:36 PM GMT

Wow Rosie,

that is so amazing and perfect.The main plot is that the Minah bird has had her mirror stolen from the retirement home she lives in.So a retired collie (sheep herder) living at the same home would be a great help.

Thank you again.I really think this is coming together nicely.

Biggest hug to you......Collette Michelle

• 214 posts
    January 7, 2012 5:42 PM GMT
    yes i can see that -- collie turns detective --
    • 28 posts
    January 7, 2012 9:06 PM GMT
    How about the Collie always considered herself/himself a bit of a sleuth and had fantasized (whilst tending her/his flock)about helping to break or breaking a big case.
    • 28 posts
    January 7, 2012 9:07 PM GMT
    and now she is retired the opportunity comes her way
    • 214 posts
    January 7, 2012 9:22 PM GMT
    sounds good collette