Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » The NO NO Hair Removal System

The NO NO Hair Removal System

Tags : None
  • 2 2627
    I just orderd on. But does anyone have any experience with it?
    I'll let you all know how well or not it works.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      January 12, 2012 6:56 PM GMT
  • I don't have one but have been wondering the same thing, Keep us posted.
      January 13, 2012 5:29 AM GMT
  • Hi Karen and KAriAnne,
    I have a NO NO and have used it . It's a little tricky to get it moving at the right speed. A blue light comes on when it is active. Works well on legs and arms.
    Be careful about ANY use on the face as the hot wire can cause burns when used on irregular surfaces (ie chin, etc.) The marks are slight, and go away quickly. However, the unit works well on flat surfaces and the hair growth comes back much thinner. eventually, it seems to go way down. Also be careful when using it on the sensitive parts down there, as again, irregular surfaces can contact the hot wire as well. Good luck, Michelle Lynn
      January 13, 2012 5:56 AM GMT
  • I'd never herd of this. I just looked it up and it looks very interesting. So Michelle does it really slow down your hair growth? If I could put away my epilator that would be HEAVEN. I'm getting tired of the torture sessions every 3 weeks.

Karen also it seems there is a 60 day trial / money back guarentee if it doesn't work. I suppose it is worth a try. Let us know

<3 Jessica

Jessica Nova
    This post was edited by Jessica Nova at January 19, 2012 6:09 PM GMT
      January 19, 2012 5:47 PM GMT
  • Over 6 wks I saw a reduction in hair growth, as it destroys the hail root after several treatments. Just be realistic in that only 60-70 % reduction happens and dont use on facial hair. The hot wire will also cause small burns on skin if it touches it (ie on chin, lips and areas that are not flat. So be careful!!!!!! Michelle
      January 19, 2012 6:16 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    So far I've used it on my cheeks & neck. It works just so so. It's very slow. But I will keep on using it to see if it does what it says it does. Will do my legs this weekend. As it is I only use the epi once a month.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      January 19, 2012 9:28 PM GMT
  • There is a hot wire? So it burns the hair away? I also was looking at TRIA ipl machine which is for home use. It has a high intensity flash bulb which would be similar to a laser which could heat the root deeply in the skin to a temperature that will cause damage to the follicule. Much like laser but weaker. This has no ipl though? When I had laser my tech explained how it worked. That is why laser is only effective on dark hair because the hair absorbs the laser and causes heat to travel down to the root and damages the follicle. I'm just wondering how a hot wire is going to transfer the heat deeply enough within the skin. Does anyone know the science which causes this to work? I'm just being inquisitive here. Thanks for the info Michelle and Karen. Keep us posted if you can Karen. Michelle seems to be a believer which is great news. HUGS Jessica

Jessica Nova
    This post was edited by Jessica Nova at January 21, 2012 6:30 AM GMT
      January 21, 2012 6:29 AM GMT
  • I've just been given one of these by a friend who has given up on it. I've had a go with it but not given it a proper testing yet.
    At school one of our teachers had a polystyrene cutter, which was simply a handle with a piece of wire across which got hot and melted through the polystyrene. The no-no is remarkably similar; you glide it across your skin and it melts the hair.
    Claims that any such product will permanently reduce hair growth should be taken with a large pinch of salt. I sincerely doubt this device can actually kill the hair follicle, though the effect of burning the hair may cause some "crustiness" at the base of the hair which could slow down growth initially, and this is why hair seems to be coming back thinner. Stop using it, and the hair will begin to grow normally again. Or so I believe.
    If I ever dare to put my epilator away for a while and start using this instead I'll post my results here.
    I certainly wouldn't use it on the face though.
    xx
      January 21, 2012 12:48 PM GMT
  • Jessica...I used the TRIA for close to 6 months earlier this year. I believe it mostly put the hairs to sleep rather than kill them. hormones on the other hand, seemed to have done the job. My hairs are very slow to grow, have gotten much, much thinner, and those that do grow, are extremely light to the point of not being able to see them. I do not attribute this to the TRIA.
    hope it helps!
    Traci xoxo
    <p>Traci</p>
      January 21, 2012 5:30 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Update.
    There is no wire. It uses 2 electrodes with a current running between them.
    I'm sending it back. It takes a long time to use & it works only soso. It works better on the arms & legs than on the face. Left my face red & prickly.
    So not recommended.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      February 4, 2012 9:17 AM GMT
  • Um, mine has a wire, maybe that's why yours isn't working! Here are the instructions, have a look at the bottom of page 7 where you'll see a diagram showing the wire:
    https://www.my-no-no.com/images/design/nono8800_Instructions.pdf
    The jury is still out on it's effectiveness for me, I've only used it once so far
    xx

This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at February 4, 2012 12:01 PM GMT
      February 4, 2012 11:59 AM GMT
  • I have one and used it for about 9 months, mostly on my face. I really thought it was making a difference in the first few months but finally gave up on it. I don't know about other parts of the body as I didn't use it regularly enough to make a decision, but I used it on my face almost everyday for that 9 months even though it says to use it less often than that. I would not recommend it to anyone although I did in the beginning. Oh, and Karen, there are two attachments that cover those two electrodes, a small, and a larger one, that's where the wire is at. xxx
    Briana Lynn
      February 4, 2012 5:54 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    OK I didn't know there was a wire in those.
    But still for the money I don't think it's worth it.
    Just over $300
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      February 4, 2012 8:23 PM GMT
  • No short cuts to facial hair removal...sorry...electrolysis is the only true method of permanent removal...
    <p>Traci</p>
      February 4, 2012 9:56 PM GMT
  • Looks like you girls have just saved me £165. I have ordered it but looked at the puny device and hadn't opened it up yet as I couldn't see how something so small could make a difference. Sending it back for a refund and will use some IPL instead with that cash.
    Hugs C x
      February 5, 2012 2:54 PM GMT
  • Go for electrolysis Chrissy, not IPL; it's guaranteed to work.
    xx
      February 5, 2012 3:14 PM GMT
  • IPL is laser that's designed to remove age spots, not hair. There are a lot of laser places that sell it as a hair remover. Be careful everyone.
    Briana Lynn
      February 5, 2012 7:55 PM GMT
  • I've met two women that have spent thousands of dollars on laser only to begin electrolysis a few years later claiming that all their hairs came back plus some more! That was all the proof I needed to go electro...150 hours and counting for me!
    <p>Traci</p>
      February 5, 2012 9:41 PM GMT
  • IPL is not the same as laser, it is definitely not, as such, "a laser". But let's not get into the scientific differences; it's NOT laser, 'nuff said.
    IPL can however, be used for hair removal as well as for various skin treatments such as age spots for example. Settings are varied to suit the specific treatment required. In the same way, laser can also be used for skin rejuvenation as well as hair removal, blemish removal and so on. Laser and IPL treatments have moved on in the last several years, and are constantly evolving. However...
    Electrolysis is absolutely proven to work, laser and IPL is still at this stage questionable in regard to how permanent the results are. Some swear by laser, I don't, I've tried it, it didn't work for me. But as I say it's constantly evolving and things may have moved on since I tried it. I've tried IPL too, and actually I noticed more of a difference from IPL than laser which perhaps through an inexperienced operator caused me temporary but quite nasty burns to my skin. Anyhow, I spent £1800 and about 2 years trying IPL and laser, with little to show for it. What results I had, I believe were certainly not permanent.
    Go for electrolysis, it will work, simple as.
    xx
      February 6, 2012 12:01 AM GMT
  • Laser is supposed to work on a certain colour of hair. I cannot remember if its blonde or dark hair but as Lucy says go for electrolysis
    <p>ooxxoo</p>
      February 6, 2012 2:38 AM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Laser got rid of almost all the darker hair on my face, but not all. It didn't touch the grey, which was thicker than I thought. So when I put some money together I'm going to go in for the other.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      February 6, 2012 10:04 AM GMT
  • The beauty of electrolysis is that it rids your face and neck of all hairs regardless of color, and they do not come back! might takes many passes over the same follicle (you have multiple hairs growing at different stages in each follicle), but eventually the follicle is killed of along with the hairs...so why risk spending money on laser that may or may not work?
    <p>Traci</p>
      February 6, 2012 4:51 PM GMT
  • Latest laser I'm having really stings which seems to mean the roots of dark hairs are being heated up under the skin - but the darn things keep coming back.
    IPL seems to do the same but they keep coming back too.
    I've had dozens of treatmnets and still not free of dark hairs.
    I've had hours of electro on the lighter and typing this 18 hours after shaving I can feel my skin is getting nicely hair free but still a long way to go.
    Problem is the follicles will keep on awakening.
    But maybe one day I'll be smooth.
      February 7, 2012 3:16 AM GMT
  • Can't say we didn't warn you Jeni...
    <p>Traci</p>
      May 24, 2012 4:51 PM BST
  • Electro is really only real way of getting rid of hair... save you money on the other things and invest in a nice mp3 player to listen to music while the electrolysist does her work.
      May 24, 2012 6:47 PM BST