Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Good Morning » A nice thing happened this afternoon.....

A nice thing happened this afternoon.....

Tags : None

This afternoon I got dressed and went out shopping - there was a sale at a dept store I like, and had gotten a second cresit card in my name, Robin W......n. The card came with instructiuons that I may have to present ID when I first use it(!). Anyway, I bought some new "scanties" and brought them up to the counter and presented my new card. The clerk, a twenty-something woman, asked for my ID! So, I presented her with my male drivers license (a CDL for driving 18_wheelers noless!) and my other credit card. "OH!" she said...to which I added she was the first person to know (which she was, in person at least). I told her I was changing to her "team" and she asked how it was going. I said it is awkward and embarrasing at times. She says, "There is nothing to be embarrased about, it's just how you are." I thanked her and asked if my new card was all set to use, "Yes, you're good..." and "good luck.". What a nice person...

-Robin

March 12, 2012 12:57 AM GMT
  • Hi Robin, I think when these types of things happen it puts a little bit in my hearts saving account. I then have a little something to fall back on when something of the other kind of encounter happens. Sounds like you got a big deposit for your heart. I'm very happy for you
    Kari
      March 12, 2012 5:19 AM GMT
  • Omg, what a wonderful day. I wish I was with you!
      March 12, 2012 11:56 AM GMT
    Sounds like a great day. I'm so happy for you x
    <p>man i feel like a woman</p>
      March 12, 2012 12:41 PM GMT
  • Robin - Sounds great! Wish more people were as enlightened!!!!!!
      March 14, 2012 12:58 AM GMT
  • So glad to hear the "positive" interactions with real people, just reinforces my faith in humanity.
    xxx
    Mabe
      June 17, 2012 2:43 AM BST
  • Robin,

Have you had any similar interactions since beginning to use this card?

Sounds like a wonderful girl. I am glad she was the one you with whom you dealt.

-Jessi
    -Jessi-
      July 19, 2012 4:26 PM BST
    Hi Jessi,
    Yes, i was very lucky to have someone who is understanding and supportive. I did write the store manager a letter saying she was very helpful and was lucky to have her as an employee. Hope it "paid" off for her!

But everyone is pleasant when I present my card, only two young women who read me seemed a little "off" by me, but just completed teh sale and off I went. One was from the mid-east, the other was eastern-block - maybe they are not as tolerant? But overall all transactions have been pleasant, whether they have read me or not. Sure makes shopping easier! Now for a Visa card in my name.... ; )
    -Robin
      July 20, 2012 2:26 AM BST