Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Creative Writing » Some of Linda's Class works

Some of Linda's Class works

Tags : None
  • The Rookie

There is this young rookie police officer, fresh from training and still wet behind the ears. Gets his first night patrol assignment from the chief of this rural little town that he joined. He was so excited, wanting to make a gung ho impression on the chief he staked out this known rowdy bar for closing time.  He knew he would be able to write a book full of tickets and make some arrests.

He waits with anticipation, the bar closed and people come out and leave. He doesn’t see anyone to stop. He gets a little disappointed. But in the far end of the parking lot he sees one car left. He looks back at the door and out comes this man, the man slowly and surely staggers toward the car, he is very unsteady and fumbling through j his pockets. The man gets to the car and fumbles to get his keys in the car door. Yaw Hoo the cop thinks at least I will get one tonight. He flips on the lights and on goes the siren speeds over to the man and jumps out. Hold it right there buddy he yells.

The young officer approaches the man and asks “have you been drinking?”

The man replies with slurred speech why yes sir why. Ok I believe you are drunk and I need you to do some field tests, the man fails them.  The officer says I need to give you a breathalyzer test. The man can hardly stand up and agrees. The test comes back with a reading of zero. The officer does the test two more times and the same results. The officer is confused. As the officer is standing there in wonderment. The man straights up and asks the officer is there something wrong? The officer turns and says yes. You appear drunk, smell drunk, fail the simple test but passed three times the breath test.

The man says in a clear and fine voice and speech that’s simple officer tonight is my night to be the designated drunk decoy. Can I go now?

Lindaj

June 27, 2012 3:24 PM BST